September 2018 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question.

If someone put SR to expedite the process of EAD, do they give a new receipt number to check the status of the request or its for the same receipt that I got first?
    F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
    10/3/2018 Biometric
    10/4/2018 we are processing the fingerprints for your Form I-765
    10/11/2018 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
    3/14/2019 New Card Is Being Produced
    3/15/2019 I-131 Case Was Approved
    3/21/2019 Card was received

Comment

• Interview was scheduled!

Hi guys, I am a New York filer for I-485. Today my status just got updated to "Interview was Schedule", this is a lot sooner than I expected. Very excited and nervous at the same time

Filed in on 09/2018
      Fingerprint on early 10/2018
      Received medical exam courtesy letter on 1/2019
      EAD and AP approval by end of 01/2019
      Just received EAD combo card early 02/2019
      Received notification about interview was scheduled on 2/8/2019

I am really surprised about the speed, lawyer said I got lucky because it has only been only 6 months since I applied. Now I am patiently waiting for the actual mail about the actual date.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaPHX View Post
        I have a question.

If someone put SR to expedite the process of EAD, do they give a new receipt number to check the status of the request or its for the same receipt that I got first?
        Hello! You keep the same receipt number. They only give you a case number, but you can't track that one anywhere.
        PD to Chicago, IL: 10/19/2018
        3 NOA's received 11/02/2018
        Biometrics appointment: 11/23/2018
        RFIE requested: 01/08/2019
        Response to RFIE delivered on 01/23/2019
        Status for i-485 updated on 01/24/2019: "Response to RFIE received, we will start working on your case again...etc."

Status for i-765 and i-130 still at "Case received".

Comment

• Originally posted by LV User View Post
          Hello! You keep the same receipt number. They only give you a case number, but you can't track that one anywhere.
          Thank you so much for the answer
          F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
          10/3/2018 Biometric

Comment

• So I called USCIS customer service today and spoke to L2 officer, he was helpful
            I asked him about my case if it has been assigned to an officer and he said not yet. Also I asked if my background checked was done or not, he said we got back some background check in your case(not sure if they are waiting for more or thats it). After that I asked to put expedite request and he gave fax number to fax the evidence to.

I will probably do that on monday, I asked my lawyer to do it but not sure if he did or not.
            F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
            10/3/2018 Biometric

Comment

• Card in under production

Hey guys , i have been reading from this forum and it was really helpful the information you do provide, So big NEWS just received a message that my card in under production today 2/8/2019
              and here is my timeline

(c)9 AOS; PD 09-11-18; Same Sex Couple
              09-17-2018 Four I-797 NOA
              10-09-2018 Bio Walk-in
              10-11-2018 Ready to be scheduled for interview
              10-21-2018 I-693 Letter
              02-08-2019 - I-765 New Card being produced

Comment

• Originally posted by ArizonaPHX View Post
                So I called USCIS customer service today and spoke to L2 officer, he was helpful
                I asked him about my case if it has been assigned to an officer and he said not yet. Also I asked if my background checked was done or not, he said we got back some background check in your case(not sure if they are waiting for more or thats it). After that I asked to put expedite request and he gave fax number to fax the evidence to.

I will probably do that on monday, I asked my lawyer to do it but not sure if he did or not.

Hi ArizonaPHX! It's me again please post here after you request your EAD expedited.
                I'm an October filer and a couple of weeks after my Biometrics (11/23/2018), I raised a request for EAD expedite. My reason was financial hardship, high medical bills and upcoming medical investigation, plus a job offer. I have a feeling that the person who took my request didn't write my e-mail correctly (even though I've received e-mail from USCIS in the past) because the e-mail with their fax number never came to me. So I called back a few days after the initial call and she gave me the fax no. I faxed the evidence on Dec 14 (the fax machine report stated that the transfer was successful) and since then, pitch black. No response for the expedite, no update on the biometrics, no nothing.
                I finally gave up on the expedite request and gave them a call on 01/28 to ask about my biometrics (and the agent said they don't have this information). After that, I asked about my expedite request and I was assigned to a Tier 2 officer. The next day the status on the USCIS account changed to:
                01/28/2019

On January 28, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1BxxxxxMSC, was completed.
                01/28/2019

On January 28, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1BxxxxxxMSC.
                01/28/2019

On January 28, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1BxxxxxMSC, was assigned to an officer for response.
                A few days later I received a letter from them saying: "Your expedite case is being processed and you should receive an update shortly." It's been 2 weeks since then...I don't want to call them again.
                Last edited by LV User; 02-08-2019, 05:54 PM.
                PD to Chicago, IL: 10/19/2018
                3 NOA's received 11/02/2018
                Biometrics appointment: 11/23/2018
                RFIE requested: 01/08/2019
                Response to RFIE delivered on 01/23/2019
                Status for i-485 updated on 01/24/2019: "Response to RFIE received, we will start working on your case again...etc."

Status for i-765 and i-130 still at "Case received".

Comment

• Originally posted by laaaabiii View Post
                  Hi guys, I am a New York filer for I-485. Today my status just got updated to "Interview was Schedule", this is a lot sooner than I expected. Very excited and nervous at the same time

Filed in on 09/2018
                  Fingerprint on early 10/2018
                  Received medical exam courtesy letter on 1/2019
                  EAD and AP approval by end of 01/2019
                  Just received EAD combo card early 02/2019
                  Received notification about interview was scheduled on 2/8/2019

I am really surprised about the speed, lawyer said I got lucky because it has only been only 6 months since I applied. Now I am patiently waiting for the actual mail about the actual date.
                  Hmmm.. pretty strange (and fast for New York City office).
                  How possible NYork Filers in Sep 2018 already receive EAD combo card on Fen 2019???
                  F-1 Student married to US citizen, concurrent I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765,
                  =========================================
                  20-SEP-2018: PD (sent from Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
                  2-OCT-2018: Change of Address AR-11 (moved to Virginia with wife)
                  30-OCT-2018: Biometrics done
                  30-JAN-2019: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
                  15-FEB-2019: Case Was Approved (I-765 approval letter)
                  23-FEB-2019: EAD in hand
                  5-MAR-2019: SSN in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by volkanic View Post
                    Hmmm.. pretty strange (and fast for New York City office).
                    How possible NYork Filers in Sep 2018 already receive EAD combo card on Fen 2019???
                    yeah I was so shocked too! Lawyer said I got lucky too. I am just praying everything will be smooth and patiently waiting for the mail for the actual date

Comment

• Originally posted by LV User View Post
                      Hi ArizonaPHX! It's me again please post here after you request your EAD expedited.
                      I'm an October filer and a couple of weeks after my Biometrics (11/23/2018), I raised a request for EAD expedite. My reason was financial hardship, high medical bills and upcoming medical investigation, plus a job offer. I have a feeling that the person who took my request didn't write my e-mail correctly (even though I've received e-mail from USCIS in the past) because the e-mail with their fax number never came to me. So I called back a few days after the initial call and she gave me the fax no. I faxed the evidence on Dec 14 (the fax machine report stated that the transfer was successful) and since then, pitch black. No response for the expedite, no update on the biometrics, no nothing.
                      I finally gave up on the expedite request and gave them a call on 01/28 to ask about my biometrics (and the agent said they don't have this information). After that, I asked about my expedite request and I was assigned to a Tier 2 officer. The next day the status on the USCIS account changed to:
                      01/28/2019

On January 28, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1BxxxxxMSC, was completed.
                      01/28/2019

On January 28, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1BxxxxxxMSC.
                      01/28/2019

On January 28, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1BxxxxxMSC, was assigned to an officer for response.
                      A few days later I received a letter from them saying: "Your expedite case is being processed and you should receive an update shortly." It's been 2 weeks since then...I don't want to call them again.
                      The officer I talked to today told he can do the SR for me but they will ask me to send the evidence later. So he gave the fax number to cut off the wait time and send a letter explaining the reason why I wanna expedite my EAD process and the evidence also including my contact info. So I highly recommend that you write a letter and fax it with the evidence to them. Basically it an expedite request but through the fax, please do and let us know how it goes. I will update you about case in here, nut I think I will wait till the end of the next week.
                      F1 OPT to AOS

9/7/2018 PD
                      10/3/2018 Biometric

Comment

• AOS + EAD status September filer

PD: Sept 12
                        RFE: Oct 8
                        Biometrics Appointment: Oct 11
                        Mailed response for RFE: Dec 17
                        Response received: Dec 19
                        I-485 ready to be scheduled for an interview: Dec 27
                        I-765 status changed to New card is being produced: Feb 5
                        I-765 status changed to card being mailed to me: Feb 8
                        I-485 interview cancelled: Feb 8

Wondering why I got interview cancelled when interview wasn?t even set

Comment

• We got case tracker update that our interview was scheduled. Today I see a letter coming from NBC but will the interview date come from NBC or the field office itself? I was just wondering if maybe this letter could be for something else.
                          8-24 I-130 was received
                          9-21 PD I-485/I-765
                          10-9 Fingerprint fee received
                          11-2 Bio done
                          1-26 courtesy I-693 medical. Letter dated 1-22
                          1-29 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                          2-1 Received I-797 NOA I-130 Approved. Letter dated 1-28
                          2-4 Case tracker updated to interview was scheduled
                          2-9 Received letter for interview scheduled 3-11
                          2-25 New card is being produced for I-765
                          2-28 Card has been mailed
                          3-2 EAD card received in the mail
                          3-11 Green card in production

Comment

• what date in September?

Comment

• Originally posted by Misspaige View Post
                              We got case tracker update that our interview was scheduled. Today I see a letter coming from NBC but will the interview date come from NBC or the field office itself? I was just wondering if maybe this letter could be for something else.
                              It was the interview letter and it's scheduled for March 11th at 1:30 @ Buffalo, NY field office
                              8-24 I-130 was received
                              9-21 PD I-485/I-765
                              10-9 Fingerprint fee received
                              11-2 Bio done
                              1-26 courtesy I-693 medical. Letter dated 1-22
                              1-29 Case ready to be scheduled for interview
                              2-1 Received I-797 NOA I-130 Approved. Letter dated 1-28
                              2-4 Case tracker updated to interview was scheduled
                              2-9 Received letter for interview scheduled 3-11
                              2-25 New card is being produced for I-765
                              2-28 Card has been mailed
                              3-2 EAD card received in the mail
                              3-11 Green card in production

Comment

• Originally posted by Misspaige View Post
                                It was the interview letter and it's scheduled for March 11th at 1:30 @ Buffalo, NY field office
                                Congrats MsPaige!!!

Hope i will get interview letter like you did soon.
                                F-1 Student married to US citizen, concurrent I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765,
                                =========================================
                                20-SEP-2018: PD (sent from Dallas/Fort Worth, TX)
                                2-OCT-2018: Change of Address AR-11 (moved to Virginia with wife)
                                30-OCT-2018: Biometrics done
                                30-JAN-2019: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
                                15-FEB-2019: Case Was Approved (I-765 approval letter)
                                23-FEB-2019: EAD in hand
                                5-MAR-2019: SSN in hand

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X