Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport not stamped at POE nor new I-94 issued while entering USA by land

Hello All,
    Wife and I currently are in the US on a valid H1/H4 visa and had applied for a visitor visa for Canada two months back. We recently had gone to Canada on a vacation and drove into Canada from the bridge near Niagara falls and upon entry into Canada the Canadian person stamped our passport. We were in Canada for 4 days and drove back into the US via the border at Michigan.
    Upon entry (09/23/2018 ~ 5:00pm EST) into the US our passports were not stamped and we were told you do not require a new I-94(I checked online today). I just want to be sure that this will not cause any issues moving forward.
    I recall while extending H1B I had filled out a section for previous travel outside US and when I need to do this again there will be a mismatch as the canadian visit will not be reflected on my I-94.

Thanks,
    F12H1.
    Last edited by F12H1; 09-25-2018, 08:49 AM.

So for anyone referring to this thread in future... he is what I learnt. If one travels to Canada, Mexico and few other neighboring countries and returns to US within 30 days a new I-94 is not generated. The I-94 and Travel History mismatch will not matter in this case...

Thanks,
    F12H1.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X