L1B Individual Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Individual Amendment

Hi i have valid L1B individual visa. currently I am in india. Amendment is in progress for me as i moved to new client. My question was will i get new I-797 and I-129? Also do i need to go for stamping again(My visa is valid till 2021). Please suggest

Originally posted by rajeshkumar_withu View Post
    Hi i have valid L1B individual visa. currently I am in india. Amendment is in progress for me as i moved to new client. My question was will i get new I-797 and I-129? Also do i need to go for stamping again(My visa is valid till 2021). Please suggest
    As long as your employer is the same, its fine.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

one more doubt is is amendment really required if we are changing the location for L1 individual? My petition is with Iowa state. For my new client I have to travel to Michigan. (Note I have worked in Iowa state till April this year, Currently in India)

Comment

one more doubt is is amendment really required if we are changing the location for L1 individual? My petition is with Iowa state. For my new client I have to travel to Michigan. (Note I have worked in Iowa state till April this year, Currently in India)
        If you are changing "only" the location - no amendment is required. But if you are changing Client - you need to amend the the petition.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Amendment got approved.

Comment

Amendment got approved.
            For the help to others, please share what exactly happened.

Comment

As asked by Libra_14, I am sharing complete details on my L1B individual Amendment.

As mentioned earlier I have valid petition (L1B Individual) for XYZ client in Iowa state, i worked there for around 1 and half year and return back to India in April 2018. In june 2018 i have moved to ABC client and location is Michigan. So Attorney has suggested me to file an amendment. Then they have requested all the documents which i have given earlier while applying for first time. They have mentioned USCIS will consider all extensions/Amendments as fresh one. So you need to provide those docs again. For L1 Individual as i mentioned in different threads, Provided
              Specialized knowledge document,
              organization charts(both offshore/Onsite)
              Team member comparison (both offshore/Onsite) need to mention why you need to travel by comparing the skills and knowledge of team members.
              Duties (both India and USA)

Then it has been filed under premium processing. But got RFE about specialized knowledge and asking for a letter from foreign organization describing the specialized knowledge duties of the position abroad.

So we have provided elaborated docs on specialized knowledge and also provided docs on training's attended on the tool. In addition to this we have provided client letter.

This time my petition got approved.
              Last edited by rajeshkumar_withu; 12-05-2018, 04:28 AM.

Comment

As asked by Libra_14, I am sharing complete details on my L1B individual Amendment.

As mentioned earlier I have valid petition (L1B Individual) for XYZ client in Iowa state, i worked there for around 1 and half year and return back to India in April 2018. In june 2018 i have moved to ABC client and location is Michigan. So Attorney has suggested me to file an amendment. Then they have requested all the documents which i have given earlier while applying for first time. They have mentioned USCIS will consider all extensions/Amendments as fresh one. So you need to provide those docs again. For L1 Individual as i mentioned in different threads, Provided
                Team member comparison (both offshore/Onsite) need to mention why you need to travel by comparing the skills and knowledge of team members.

Then it has been filed under premium processing. But got RFE about specialized knowledge and asking for a letter from foreign organization describing the specialized knowledge duties of the position abroad.

So we have provided elaborated docs on specialized knowledge and also provided docs on training's attended on the tool. In addition to this we have provided client letter.

Congratulations & thanks for your time sharing this Rajesh, appreciate it.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Hi
                    My case looks very similar to Rajeshkumar, with minor difference.
                    - I have valid L1B individual visa and I am in india,
                    - Original petition filed to work at client location and port of entry is Chandler, AZ. However, offer letter with which company filed petition was released from my company's office located at Richardson, TX. and got visa stamping in March 2019. But I never visited for that client and I am still in india, and my visa is still valid until August 2021.
                    - Now I came across company's internal job opportunity at my company's Richardson, TX office (not client location), from where I got offer letter and based on which my earlier petition was filed. As per that earlier release offer letter from my company, I will be based out of our Richardson, TX office working remotely at the client site from Chandler, AZ with regular travel as directed by the company
                    So, I wanted to know do we need to file LCA for this case and if yes then can we file LCA after arriving my company's Richardson, TX location?

Comment

i have valid L1B blanket visa till 2022. currently I am in India.

Note : Still i have not yet traveled

Below are the question

Amendment really required if we are changing the location and Client

I- 129 has my old location address

Also do i need to go for stamping again My visa is valid till 2022

Please suggest

Comment

i have valid L1B blanket visa till 2022. currently I am in India.

Note : Still i have not yet traveled

My company name is :--- ABCD

My old Client is :-- X

My new Client name : Y

Below are the question ..

Amendment really required if we are changing the location and Client ?

I- 129 has my old location address ..?

Also do i need to go for stamping again My visa is valid till 2022 ..?

Please suggest

Comment

Originally posted by upendrakaranji1987 View Post
                          Amendment really required if we are changing the location and Client ?
                          I- 129 has my old location address ..?
                          Already answered that. If you are changing client, then you'll need to file for amendment.
                          Originally posted by upendrakaranji1987 View Post
                          Also do i need to go for stamping again My visa is valid till 2022 ..?
                          No, if you are not changing your employer, you don't need to get a new visa, just an amended approved I129 is fine.

Comment

Team member comparison (both offshore/Onsite) need to mention mygroundbiz why you need to travel by comparing the skills and knowledge of team members.

Wow congratulation
                            Last edited by ErnestineDean; 05-17-2020, 01:56 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X