Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme cruelty divorce filed in USA, is it valid in Inida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme cruelty divorce filed in USA, is it valid in Inida?

Hi,
    My husband has filed for extreme cruelty and irreconcilable differences as grounds for divorce in USA. Our marriage took place in India. I lived with him for 1.5 years on a dependent F2 visa, then went on my own F1 visa to puruse my MS. I have been living apart from him since last 3 years, totally self-sufficient. Now, he has filed for a divorce in USA based on (1) extreme cruelty, (2) irreconcilable divorce.

My lawyer told me not to accept the divorce papers and not to attend court proceedings even though I live in the jurisdiction of the court.

Now, if he get a divorce by default, will it be valid in India? Is extreme cruelty a valid ground for divorce in India? Is yes, then will this divorce be valid in India as well?

I do not want to give him divorce, but make him suffer and not allow him to marry ever again.

Please help.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by sr83 View Post
    Hi,
    My husband has filed for extreme cruelty and irreconcilable differences as grounds for divorce in USA. Our marriage took place in India. I lived with him for 1.5 years on a dependent F2 visa, then went on my own F1 visa to puruse my MS. I have been living apart from him since last 3 years, totally self-sufficient. Now, he has filed for a divorce in USA based on (1) extreme cruelty, (2) irreconcilable divorce.

My lawyer told me not to accept the divorce papers and not to attend court proceedings even though I live in the jurisdiction of the court.

Now, if he get a divorce by default, will it be valid in India? Is extreme cruelty a valid ground for divorce in India? Is yes, then will this divorce be valid in India as well?

I do not want to give him divorce, but make him suffer and not allow him to marry ever again.

Please help.
    Thanks.
    This divorce is not valid in india

Comment

But why?

Were you being cruel? Obviously you have left him and you are out doing your own thing. Why would you want him to suffer. You are not living as a dependent to him. You are completely self sufficient. Let that man go. Here and in India.
      Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Originally posted by sr83 View Post
        Hi,

Please help.
        Thanks.
        wow this situation reminds me of me and my ex fiance, she was just as vindictive and nasty as you. The only difference is I took the advice of friends and family and ended things before we got married so that this wouldn't happen. Stop being so cruel and divorce him here and do what the law in india requires to divorce him there. and let him live his life away from you both phsycially like he alread is and on paper and be happy that he's no longer having his life and happiness threatened by you.
        This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X