Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa denied

Hi Friends,

I moved to Canada on PR visa in May 2018 and applied for a US Tourist Visa in July 2018. My Visa interview was smooth(at least that's what I thought), but I was rejected a Visa stating that I have been in Canada only for a short period.

Later, I was told by some friends that one should apply for US visa only after 6 months of landing in Canada on PR visa. Now, I have re-applied for a B2 Visa and my Visa interview is on Nov 14th and it's been 6 months since I landed here in Canada. I also have a job in Canada and been working for last 6 months.

Another complication is that my husband is in US on H1 visa. As I understand, I cannot apply for an H4 visa as his(spouse's) visa period has expired and extension is in process. My question is : During my interview, do I mention that my spouse is in US or not? How would this impact my application? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by desicanada View Post
    I moved to Canada on PR visa in May 2018 and applied for a US Tourist Visa in July 2018. My Visa interview was smooth(at least that's what I thought), but I was rejected a Visa stating that I have been in Canada only for a short period.
    It makes sense, for an tourist visa you need to show strong ties to your home country. Since you've taken PR for Canada - you are not showing ties to your home country.

Later, I was told by some friends that one should apply for US visa only after 6 months of landing in Canada on PR visa. Now, I have re-applied for a B2 Visa and my Visa interview is on Nov 14th and it's been 6 months since I landed here in Canada. I also have a job in Canada and been working for last 6 months.
    It is to prove that you've moved to Canada & after some time (6 months) Canada will be treated as your home country.

Another complication is that my husband is in US on H1 visa. As I understand, I cannot apply for an H4 visa as his(spouse's) visa period has expired and extension is in process. My question is : During my interview, do I mention that my spouse is in US or not? How would this impact my application? Any suggestions are welcome.
    What did you told/shown during your first visa interview/DS160? Your spouse is your immediate relative - you should not have hidden about his presence in USA at the first place.

And also should not hide now as well, if you are thinking to have H4 anytime in future.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      It makes sense, for an tourist visa you need to show strong ties to your home country. Since you've taken PR for Canada - you are not showing ties to your home country.

It is to prove that you've moved to Canada & after some time (6 months) Canada will be treated as your home country.

What did you told/shown during your first visa interview/DS160? Your spouse is your immediate relative - you should not have hidden about his presence in USA at the first place.

And also should not hide now as well, if you are thinking to have H4 anytime in future.

Than you Libra_14 for your responses. I did not lie/hide about my Spouse status in my first interview. He was in India at that time yet to travel to US and that's what I told the interviewer.

As you said, I will not hide his current status in my interview. I am only worried if that will increase my chances of rejection. I will have to wait and see.

Thanks again!

Comment

Than you Libra_14 for your responses. I did not lie/hide about my Spouse status in my first interview. He was in India at that time yet to travel to US and that's what I told the interviewer.

As you said, I will not hide his current status in my interview. I am only worried if that will increase my chances of rejection. I will have to wait and see.

Thanks again!
        This makes more sense now, since you are eligible for H4 (dual intent visa) & applying for an visitor visa, it will be rejected.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X