Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notification: we reopened your Form I-485 and are reconsidering our decision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification: we reopened your Form I-485 and are reconsidering our decision?

All,

Briefly, we filed in July 2017, had our interview in July 2018 in Atlanta. At that time, the woman told us she believed we had a bona fide marriage but 1) my wife's physical was expired by exactly 1 day and 2) they wanted more proof that my wife had paid some speeding tickets.

We get an RFE, respond immediately with a new physical and proof of a clean driving history (or that everything had been paid, receipts, etc).

We hear nothing from early August until September when we receive:

"We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center office is working on your case again."

Again, we hear nothing. I reached out to my congressman yesterday and then today I receive the following notifications:

"On October 26, 2018, we reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC **** **** *, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by November 25, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. "

and

"On October 26, 2018, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number MSC **** **** *. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

What does the first alert mean? No answer was ever rendered and now I have a notification saying our case is being reopened. And what does number 2 mean?

Thank you!

Originally posted by beaver View Post
    All,

Briefly, we filed in July 2017, had our interview in July 2018 in Atlanta. At that time, the woman told us she believed we had a bona fide marriage but 1) my wife's physical was expired by exactly 1 day and 2) they wanted more proof that my wife had paid some speeding tickets.

We get an RFE, respond immediately with a new physical and proof of a clean driving history (or that everything had been paid, receipts, etc).

We hear nothing from early August until September when we receive:

"We received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center office is working on your case again."

Again, we hear nothing. I reached out to my congressman yesterday and then today I receive the following notifications:

"On October 26, 2018, we reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC **** **** *, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by November 25, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. "

and

"On October 26, 2018, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number MSC **** **** *. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

What does the first alert mean? No answer was ever rendered and now I have a notification saying our case is being reopened. And what does number 2 mean?

Thank you!
    bumping one time in case someone missed it who might have an answer

Comment

Hi,

Mine is similar. still waiting.......

I had my interview for AOS (EB2) on 19th of September. By the time of interview there was no visa available for my PD. Officer told me I will get my approval on 2nd week of October as my PD would become current.

I got below notifications

i485:

10/11/2018 - New Card Is Being Produced
      10/12/2018 - Case Was Approved
      10/13/2018 - Case Was Reopened for Reconsideration
      10/15/2018 - Case Was Reopened

i485J:

10/15/2018 - Case Was Automatically Revoked

Comment

Originally posted by Nfard View Post
        Hi,

I had my interview for AOS (EB2) on 19th of September. By the time of interview there was no visa available for my PD. Officer told me I will get my approval on 2nd week of October as my PD would become current.

i485:

i485J:

we just got the following:

On October 29, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC YYYY YYYY XX. We will mail your approval notice

Comment

Congrats.

They were just waiting for you to post it as a question?

lol. Hope I get mine soon too...

Comment

Any update on your case

Congrats.

They were just waiting for you to post it as a question?

lol. Hope I get mine soon too...
            any update on this

Comment

Any update on your case

Any update on your case ?? I am in the same boat

Hi,

i485:

i485J:

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X