Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I married a woman from Israel and she left almost two years ago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I married a woman from Israel and she left almost two years ago.

What should I do?
    I don't have the money for a lawyer and she refuses to divorce.
    What will happen to her if we have never even gone to an interview?
    What will happen to me if I just don't divorce her?
    I don't know if her Visa is expired or even if she left back to Israel.
    I only have random success contacting her through email.
    She makes up exaggerated excuses about why she can't get the divorce.
    I heard if I divorce her on my own I will need to pay a lot of money for a lawyer because it has been so long without even filing paperwork.
    She has all of the signed documents to request an interview but, to the best of my knowledge, they were never submitted.
    Could she use my name somehow to go to the interview without me? She has threatened me saying if I try to divorce her she will say that I abused her.
    What would possibly happen if I just went to the courthouse and filed for divorce without her and did a notice by publication?
    Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by shamstimorshams View Post
    What should I do?
    I don't have the money for a lawyer and she refuses to divorce.
    What will happen to her if we have never even gone to an interview?
    What will happen to me if I just don't divorce her?
    I don't know if her Visa is expired or even if she left back to Israel.
    I only have random success contacting her through email.
    She makes up exaggerated excuses about why she can't get the divorce.
    I heard if I divorce her on my own I will need to pay a lot of money for a lawyer because it has been so long without even filing paperwork.
    She has all of the signed documents to request an interview but, to the best of my knowledge, they were never submitted.
    Could she use my name somehow to go to the interview without me? She has threatened me saying if I try to divorce her she will say that I abused her.
    What would possibly happen if I just went to the courthouse and filed for divorce without her and did a notice by publication?
    Thank you for your time.
    did you ever actually file for adjustment of status? If so and she never went for her interview, then they may have dismissed her case which means she if still in the US has been out of status and is possibly subject to removal conditions.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X