Spousal question on E2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spousal question on E2 visa

Hi I work for a British company and they are offered me to do a secondment to the US for a year (with the potential to extend it further). The company will apply for a E2 visa for me.

I am in a same sex long term relationship with my boyfriend but we are not married. Will he be able to join me and find a job in the US with my visa?

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by alexthepenguin View Post
    Hi I work for a British company and they are offered me to do a secondment to the US for a year (with the potential to extend it further). The company will apply for a E2 visa for me.

I am in a same sex long term relationship with my boyfriend but we are not married. Will he be able to join me and find a job in the US with my visa?

Thanks a lot.
    Unfortunately not, I have been through something similar with my girlfriend, she has absolutely no entitlement to any visa until we are married. She came over twice on an ESTA, but can not work, so we applied for a B1 / B2 for her on advice until we get married, but that has just been denied so that's what my last thread was about.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X