Petty theft case dismissal impact on US visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petty theft case dismissal impact on US visit

I am from India and was travelling to US on a B1 Visa for 2 weeks.
    While travelling out of US on airport, I was charged with petty theft case, with finger prints taken and assigned a court date. I came back to India and hired an attorney to represent me.

As per my attorney, he would enter a plea(of no contest) with prosecutor - for $300 fine and 12 hour online theft prevention program and case would be dismissed after 1 year.

My question -
    a) How does it affect my travel to US to future visits on business visas ?
    b) I have a 10 year multiple entry B1 visa. Would i be always stopped at immigration and asked additional questions?Would I be detained or deported back If I visit to US again ?
    c) Is this the right plea? if not what can be other options so that i do not face any immigration issues in future

Originally posted by ragrz1 View Post
    I am from India and was travelling to US on a B1 Visa for 2 weeks.
    While travelling out of US on airport, I was charged with petty theft case, with finger prints taken and assigned a court date. I came back to India and hired an attorney to represent me.

As per my attorney, he would enter a plea(of no contest) with prosecutor - for $300 fine and 12 hour online theft prevention program and case would be dismissed after 1 year.

My question -
    a) How does it affect my travel to US to future visits on business visas ?
    b) I have a 10 year multiple entry B1 visa. Would i be always stopped at immigration and asked additional questions?Would I be detained or deported back If I visit to US again ?
    c) Is this the right plea? if not what can be other options so that i do not face any immigration issues in future

My question -
    a) How does it affect my travel to US to future visits on business visas ? That entirely depends on the Officer that looks at your visa when you enter the US

b) I have a 10 year multiple entry B1 visa. Would i be always stopped at immigration and asked additional questions?Would I be detained or deported back If I visit to US again? see my answer to question A

c) Is this the right plea? if not what can be other options so that i do not face any immigration issues in future- if your attorney said it could be entered as no contest than go with what your attorney says, as we are not legal or financial advisers on this forum we are not the right people to answer that question.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X