Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make H1 employer pay on time without repercussions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make H1 employer pay on time without repercussions?

I am an H1B employee and I don't get paid on time every time without constant reminders every month. I get paid about 30 days after the end of the month. All this when vendor is paying them weekly. If I complain to DOL(wage and hour investigation), they call and make a list of what employee has given what particular feedback and present it to the employer. That will get me fired. Seems like any other way will get me fired eventually just for complaining. I know there are laws to protect employees, but it looks like these laws are like the elephants teeth. Only for show. Is there something I am missing here? How do I get my employer to pay me on time without reminders?

Originally posted by daemon View Post
    I am an H1B employee and I don't get paid on time every time without constant reminders every month. I get paid about 30 days after the end of the month. All this when vendor is paying them weekly. If I complain to DOL(wage and hour investigation), they call and make a list of what employee has given what particular feedback and present it to the employer. That will get me fired. Seems like any other way will get me fired eventually just for complaining. I know there are laws to protect employees, but it looks like these laws are like the elephants teeth. Only for show. Is there something I am missing here? How do I get my employer to pay me on time without reminders?
    Sorry to hear that.
    I once worked as contractor & I know it can be sometimes painful.
    Maybe few of these?
    1. Find a new employer & transfer your H-1
    2. Confront your employer & tell him to pay on-time
    3. Get a proof from vendor that he/she is paying your employer on time & then confront him

Anyway, this is tricky situation, I hope it's solved w/o any issues.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X