Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will C1 VISA be considered as a US VISA since I am applying for B1 VISA this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will C1 VISA be considered as a US VISA since I am applying for B1 VISA this time?

I am a confused about what should be my answer in DS-160 to the question "Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa? " I have a C1 VISA which expires on 14 April 2020. I am not sure whether I can take that into account. Please guide me whether my answer should be a yes or no.

Also if I choose the option "yes", there is a follow up question whether I have been ten printed or not. I also do not recollect that. My C1 visa was issued on 16 April 2015.

Originally posted by SOURAV DEY View Post
    I am a confused about what should be my answer in DS-160 to the question "Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa? " I have a C1 VISA which expires on 14 April 2020. I am not sure whether I can take that into account. Please guide me whether my answer should be a yes or no.

Also if I choose the option "yes", there is a follow up question whether I have been ten printed or not. I also do not recollect that. My C1 visa was issued on 16 April 2015.
    Yes, you had a US C1 (Transit) visa. So you should say yes in the form.

Second, have you given your finger prints when you applied for C1? If not then you'll need to give your finger prints before visa interview.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for your input. Also please share some light on these questions as well

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Yes, you had a US C1 (Transit) visa. So you should say yes in the form.

Second, have you given your finger prints when you applied for C1? If not then you'll need to give your finger prints before visa interview.
      I stayed a day during my transit in US and couple more during my way back to India. So should I put a yes for the question " Have you ever been in the U.S.?"?

Also throw some light on the question "Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?". "Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued" gives me an answer YES and "is this country or location your place of principal of residence?" gives me a answer NO since I am a resident of India.

Comment

I stayed a day during my transit in US and couple more during my way back to India. So should I put a yes for the question " Have you ever been in the U.S.?"?
        Yes.
        Also throw some light on the question "Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?". "Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued" gives me an answer YES and "is this country or location your place of principal of residence?" gives me a answer NO since I am a resident of India.
        Where did you applied for your C1 ? in India ?
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Yes.

Where did you applied for your C1 ? in India ?

I probably misunderstood the question "Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?".

"Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued" ------> This gives me an answer YES as I applied in India and it is here where my C1 VISA was issued

Also "and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?" ------> This also gives me an answer YES as I am a resident of India.

So overall the answer to the question should be a YES

Comment

I probably misunderstood the question "Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued, and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?".

"Are you applying in the same country or location where the visa above was issued" ------> This gives me an answer YES as I applied in India and it is here where my C1 VISA was issued

Also "and is this country or location your place of principal of residence?" ------> This also gives me an answer YES as I am a resident of India.

So overall the answer to the question should be a YES
            Great.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X