ACA Insurance Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACA Insurance Question

I am waiting for Adjustment Status, through my U.S Citizen daughter.

I have my EAD card and now working, thank god.

I have been looking for medical insurance for myself. The insurance companies here in Arizona offer me a discount for low income and they give me a quote with Cost Sharing Reduction. I know I am not allowed to accept government assistance as a permament resident. Is Cost Sharing reduction considered governement assistance?

Thank you

Aca

I think that would be government benefits so it could be a risk to accept it. Since this is so new you might not find anyone with any prior experience. To get a more definitive answer you prob would have to contact an immigration attorney.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
      I think that would be government benefits so it could be a risk to accept it. Since this is so new you might not find anyone with any prior experience. To get a more definitive answer you prob would have to contact an immigration attorney.
      Thank you.

Comment

Frustrating

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
        I spoke to an immigration attorney today and he stated that because I do have my green card yet, I am not eligible for this discount and can hinder my application status.

Yet another reason this process is so frustrating. I am just waiting for my interview and it has been almost 10 months!!! I am working, thank god but what do I do without insurance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X