Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ffl3883 View Post
    HI ShMW,

Stay positive. Have faith in your hard work in US. You will get yours. I took online classes in python while waiting for visa. On the bright side, its great opportunity to be able to focus on self development.

Best

Felix
    Hey Felix,

Thanks for the kind words. You're right, its an opportunity to step back and do some soul searching, may be ;-). I did some traveling and am working remotely.

Did you get your stamped passport back? If you haven't then please let us know when you do.

Best
    Shounak

Comment

221 (g) generally takes time. During this period, it is good to invest on yourself by learning skills / doing hobbies which you might not have time otherwise.

Comment

Toronto 221g - resume- Yellow slip

Hello- With great difficulty i have found few people in the same boat on this thread. Can someone please post the approximated timelines? Its been exactly 4 weeks for me that i have submitted my documents. Anyone still waiting?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ggg123 View Post
          Hello- With great difficulty i have found few people in the same boat on this thread. Can someone please post the approximated timelines? Its been exactly 4 weeks for me that i have submitted my documents. Anyone still waiting?

Thanks
          Check what Anmol has provided: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...a-Canada/page3

It's handled on a case-by-case basis. Today is the 7th week from my date of interview whereas some others have heard back within 4 weeks.

When did you appear for your interview? Are you currently in Ottawa?

Comment

Can be tough times. Best to stay positive and focus on developing skills.

Here are a few helpful videos -

This video provides information on H1B facts. This is a video to provide quick information about H1B Visa. These are the facts you must know prior getting H1...

Comment

Originally posted by ShMW View Post
              Check what Anmol has provided: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...a-Canada/page3

It's handled on a case-by-case basis. Today is the 7th week from my date of interview whereas some others have heard back within 4 weeks.

When did you appear for your interview? Are you currently in Ottawa?
              Hi- Mine was in Toronto. What documents did they ask for ?

Comment

Originally posted by holabro View Post
                Can be tough times. Best to stay positive and focus on developing skills.

Here are a few helpful videos -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3fn4bOhg2I&t=2s
                Are you in the same boat? How long have you been waiting?

Comment

Hi- Mine was in Toronto. What documents did they ask for ?
                  Ohh okay. No documents. They got back to me 2 weeks after my interview and asked a clarifying question. Havn't heard back from them since Dec 12th.

Comment

Ohh okay. No documents. They got back to me 2 weeks after my interview and asked a clarifying question. Havn't heard back from them since Dec 12th.
                    I see users @chrisgot221g and usaworker got 221g's as well. But they havent updated the forum on their status. I am assuming they got their visas.

Comment

Hey Felix,

Thanks for the kind words. You're right, its an opportunity to step back and do some soul searching, may be ;-). I did some traveling and am working remotely.

Did you get your stamped passport back? If you haven't then please let us know when you do.

Best
                      Shounak
                      Hi ShMW,

I received the stamped passport on 1/15 and drove back to US on the same day. For reference, here was my timeline :

11/30 - Interview at US consulate in Ottawa. Asked for resume and received blue 221g. Passport returned.
                      12/27 - received clearance and got emails on 12/28 to mail passport.
                      I was out of country at the time.I came back to Canada on 1/6
                      1/7 - Mailed passport using their carrier-in-instruction at Canada post
                      1/9 - Passport delivered to US consulate. Delivery confirmation received
                      1/10 - CEAC update from last date changed to 1/10. Still showing administrative processing.
                      1/11 - CEAC update from last date changed to 1/11. Still showing administrative processing.
                      1/14 - CEAC update shows issued at 8 AM. At 11:59 AM, i received email about US consulate releasing my documents and tracking number is provided. Shipping via canada post Xpresspost service with signature confirmation
                      1/15 - At 2 PM, received email about picking up passport at Mississauga Canada post. ID (driver license) required to pick up.
                      I entered US border at Lewiston NY. Officer asked to see passport and I-797. Then asked me to go to an office where another officer asked me some questions
                      Whats purpose of trip, Whats your destination, Whats your job title.
                      Afterward, office stamped the passport and attached a new I-94 and charged $7.

For those who is considering H1B visa stamp in Canada , here are my thoughts :
                      (1) Its doable. But consider possible 1 month administrative processing time for visa clearance.
                      (2) Set up capability to work remotely before leaving, it helped me a lot.
                      (3) Maintain close communication with manager and your immigration attorney/staff
                      (4) Look for emails from ([email protected]) they are important communications email from US consulate and they don't show up in my gmail inbox. They get automatically filtered as updates
                      (5) If you got back your passport when 221g is given, its doable to wait outside the country so long as you don't enter US. I went out of country and came back to Canada after I received email from US consulate requesting the passport. Just make sure you have your passport and a valid visa to return to Canada.
                      (6) Stay positive and use the wait time for self development.

Regards

ffl3883

Comment

Hi ShMW,

I received the stamped passport on 1/15 and drove back to US on the same day. For reference, here was my timeline :

11/30 - Interview at US consulate in Ottawa. Asked for resume and received blue 221g. Passport returned.
                        12/27 - received clearance and got emails on 12/28 to mail passport.
                        I was out of country at the time.I came back to Canada on 1/6
                        1/7 - Mailed passport using their carrier-in-instruction at Canada post
                        1/9 - Passport delivered to US consulate. Delivery confirmation received
                        1/10 - CEAC update from last date changed to 1/10. Still showing administrative processing.
                        1/11 - CEAC update from last date changed to 1/11. Still showing administrative processing.
                        1/14 - CEAC update shows issued at 8 AM. At 11:59 AM, i received email about US consulate releasing my documents and tracking number is provided. Shipping via canada post Xpresspost service with signature confirmation
                        1/15 - At 2 PM, received email about picking up passport at Mississauga Canada post. ID (driver license) required to pick up.
                        I entered US border at Lewiston NY. Officer asked to see passport and I-797. Then asked me to go to an office where another officer asked me some questions
                        Whats purpose of trip, Whats your destination, Whats your job title.
                        Afterward, office stamped the passport and attached a new I-94 and charged $7.

For those who is considering H1B visa stamp in Canada , here are my thoughts :
                        (1) Its doable. But consider possible 1 month administrative processing time for visa clearance.
                        (2) Set up capability to work remotely before leaving, it helped me a lot.
                        (3) Maintain close communication with manager and your immigration attorney/staff
                        (4) Look for emails from ([email protected]) they are important communications email from US consulate and they don't show up in my gmail inbox. They get automatically filtered as updates
                        (5) If you got back your passport when 221g is given, its doable to wait outside the country so long as you don't enter US. I went out of country and came back to Canada after I received email from US consulate requesting the passport. Just make sure you have your passport and a valid visa to return to Canada.
                        (6) Stay positive and use the wait time for self development.

Regards

ffl3883
                        Congrats,Thanks, did your online status change on the caec before you got the clearance email? I mean was that updated or any ghost updates?

Comment

Thanks Felix for the detailed updates. It is really very helpful.

After exchanging several emails with the consulate guys, I saw that the last update date on my case was changed from Nov 29 to Jan 17. The status still reads AP. Don't know what to make of it but it's better than nothing!

Comment

After exchanging several emails with the consulate guys, I saw that the last update date on my case was changed from Nov 29 to Jan 17. The status still reads AP. Don't know what to make of it but it's better than nothing!
                            That's great news. I had two date changes with AP status. that means they are finally moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats,Thanks, did your online status change on the caec before you got the clearance email? I mean was that updated or any ghost updates?
                            There was no update on status and date in caec until they received my passport after clearance email. Then things moved pretty fast.

Comment

That's great news. I had two date changes with AP status. that means they are finally moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no update on status and date in caec until they received my passport after clearance email. Then things moved pretty fast.
                              Hi Felix- Were the date changes after or before the clearance email?
                              Thanks

Comment

Hi ShMW, good to hear that you have a update, it is a positive sign.
                                I am on similar boat, my interview was in Toronto, 12/03/18, got 221g but need to submit resume and work details.
                                There is no single update since 12/03/18

May I know how do you inquiry the status with the consulate guys? Thank you so much.
                                I leave my e-mail here if you would like to talk or share something. My e-mail is lhl19921*2*@gmail.com, please replace * with 0.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X