Please HELP! Questions about filing tax after marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please HELP! Questions about filing tax after marriage

Hi guys, I hope someone can help my friend.

She is out of status and got married in august to a citizen. She is filing for AOS, she has been working illegally while out of status but has never filed any tax because she was worry she would get deported if irs reports her.

When she filed for AOS, her lawyer told her do not lie and put down the company that she is working for.

My question is, since she is working illgally, should her file her income when her husband file their taxes? if she doesn't file it, will the USCIS question abt the taxes during the interview? If she does, will she get in trouble from irs or uscis and also get her company in trouble???

Originally posted by laaaabiii View Post
    Hi guys, I hope someone can help my friend.

She is out of status and got married in august to a citizen. She is filing for AOS, she has been working illegally while out of status but has never filed any tax because she was worry she would get deported if irs reports her.

When she filed for AOS, her lawyer told her do not lie and put down the company that she is working for.

My question is, since she is working illgally, should her file her income when her husband file their taxes? if she doesn't file it, will the USCIS question abt the taxes during the interview? If she does, will she get in trouble from irs or uscis and also get her company in trouble???
    Yes, she should absolutely report her income on their tax return and file taxes like anyone else working.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X