Marriage in Nigeria but wife is in Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage in Nigeria but wife is in Indiana

My wife & I got married last year Oct and we filed for our i130 in April, 2018. We got an RFE notice but my wife didn’t receive it so we requested for an address change which was successful but my case is quite complicated because I was in a removal proceedings back in 2015 and I was giving a 5-year ban. Is this going to delay our process because it’s hard being away from my wife and anxiety is starting to crip in on us. We are still expecting to receive the RFE package and hoping we get an answer as soon as possible. Anyone with similar case or an advice would be appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by BiniStar; 12-05-2018, 04:21 PM.

well the five year ban could be an issue, cause even if you were approved for your green card(i'm assuming you're going through consular processing) you still wouldn't be able to enter until after the 5 years is up. which means if you were banned in 2015 or 16 then you have until either 2020/21 before you can return.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

I intend applying for a waiver once my i130 is approved considering the seriousness of my case because I had a prior entry in the summer of 2015 with my tourist visa in which I spent 3 weeks before returning home but then I tried coming back for holidays around November only to be denied entry citing I was coming to look for employment even when I had no intention of doing so. Do you think I stand a chance of having my waiver approved regarding the circumstance. Being away from my wife has started having its toll on me

Comment

There is always a chance, however the final determination comes from the visa/immigration officer who handles your case.
        This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Hopefully I get some positive feedback and I would keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

It’s been 9 months. Does anyone have an idea how long the process would take. My case was also recently transferred to the Pontomac Center for processing. I have never in my life been this anxious because my wife and I have plans in views and I have somewhat put my business on hold over here so I can focus on reuniting with her. Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X