Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Master's Degree and US Labor Quota ( i'm outside US )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master's Degree and US Labor Quota ( i'm outside US )

Hello,
    I am graduating from university with bachelor degree this year.
    Have a nice possibility to start getting my Master's Degree, will it help me with US labor quota when find my employer?
    As i have been working on freelance for already 4 years, the ONLY reason i consider getting it is immigration.

So the main question is Does it really worth it? And how much it helps in terms of getting work permission in US.

I do appreciate your answers a lot.

Originally posted by DmitryS1 View Post
    Hello,
    I am graduating from university with bachelor degree this year.
    Have a nice possibility to start getting my Master's Degree, will it help me with US labor quota when find my employer?
    As i have been working on freelance for already 4 years, the ONLY reason i consider getting it is immigration.

So the main question is Does it really worth it? And how much it helps in terms of getting work permission in US.

I do appreciate your answers a lot.
    The answer to your question depends on many factors. You did not provide much information. You should speak with someone who has experience with H1Bs and employment based GCs.
    2/20: Received at Chicago lockbox
    4/04: We reviewed your biometrics and are processing your case (I-765 & I-485)
    4/18: Ready to be scheduled for an interview (No notification, not updated on either site until Aug 27)
    4/19: Request to expedite EAD
    5/11: Received EAD
    6/26: Applied for Advance Parole
    8/09: Advance Parole approved
    8/29: Scheduled for Interview
    10/11: Interview
    10/12: RFE on I-130 (misplaced G28)
    10/16: Sent new G28
    10/19: Approved!

Comment

if you are from India, (and maybe the Philliphines - need to confirm this), Employment based GC is a long way to go.

H1B, i am unsure, though it is also lottery based.

the higher the education, the better chance to be employed, but not sure if it gives a better chance at H1B.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X