Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance in US, I am in India

Hi,

My Fiance is in USA. He has got his green card a year back. I am in India. Which visa would be the most suitable and faster option to get me an entry in USA for a longer duration?

I can take up a short duration (upto 1 year) management course and try for student visa but that's not a preferable option as I already have an Engineering and Masters (Human Resource Management) degree and work experience of 12 years in India.

Dear Payal:

I feel for you. Being without your other half is not easy.

You can try for a fiance visa, but it's hard to get. F1 you may have a chance ; you seem to be well educated with a Masters, but again getting a visa on a one year course won't be easy either.

I'm thinking since you have your Masters you can apply for a Ph.D and would have an easier time getting a student visa. You'll need to take TOEFL, GRE etc. Human Resources Management is a good field to be in & with a PhD you might end up with a great job and possibly your own green card (...won't have to apply based on marriage etc which too isn't as easy as it used to be). Depending on how well you do in TOEFL, GRE etc., you can apply to many good to mediocre colleges etc...some of the really good ones are Cornell, Univ of Chicago (...you'll need really good grades & high scores on GRE etc) ; some mediocre ones to get in may be the one in San Diego ; I'm thinking ncu.edu ; or in Jersey like rutgers.edu.

If you want to be with your other half, you can apply for a univ near him ; let me know if I can help - will gladly respond to you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X