Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AllSmiles123 View Post
    Hey group,

I just received an email from USCIS stating that our case was ready to be scheduled for an interview. It says to check the processing times and for our area, it ranges from 7.5 months to 23.5 months.
    Hoping this means something might be moving on the EAD and AP.

Keeping my fingers crossed for us all!
    EADs are currently still processed in 4-6 months time range. But being in a relatively fast field office is certainly a positive indicator for the green card itself.
    Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
    AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
    DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
    DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
    DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
    DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
    DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
    JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
    FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
    FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

• Originally posted by AllSmiles123 View Post
      Hey group,

I just received an email from USCIS stating that our case was ready to be scheduled for an interview. It says to check the processing times and for our area, it ranges from 7.5 months to 23.5 months.
      Hoping this means something might be moving on the EAD and AP.

Keeping my fingers crossed for us all!
      So great to see cases moving forward for DEC. filers. Good luck
      (c)(9) - AOS, Current filing I130 I131 I485 I765, PD-12/21/18. Same-sex couple.

12/21/18 - AOS package delivered to Chicago office via FedEx.
      01/03/19 - 4 NOAs received.
      01/05/19 - Bio notification.
      01/14/19 - Bio done.

Comment

• Any updates? I?m still at ?Bio review was completed? and can?t wait to get good news
        Originally posted by Dukeith View Post
        So great to see cases moving forward for DEC. filers. Good luck

Comment

• Update on Biometrics Walk-in

I've seen a lot of people saying they were able to do biometrics walk-in. My bio was scheduled to 2/6 at Des Moines and I tried to go in on 2/1 but got turned away. Just wanted to say that not all bio walk-ins are promised to be successful. Maybe I did it wrong? I told the security in the waiting room that I had a class on the day of the appointment and the weather was going to be terrible for driving (I had a ~2hr driving). He went to ask the person in charge and they told me if I want to reschedule I could do so as suggested on the appointment mail, but they did not let me do the walk-in.

Originally posted by laweilawei View Post
          Hi everyone,

In your I-797C for I-130, do you have anything under "Class (If Applicable)"? Anyone knows what it is? I'm currently a F1 student and thought F should be my class but that cell was left blank for me on the notice.

Good luck with the application everyone!

12/24/18: 485, 130, 131, 765 filing from Iowa to Chicago, marriage-based
          12/27/18: Priority Date
          01/14/19: Notice Date, received notification via text messages
          01/15/19: Cashed Date, received 4 physical NOAs
          Last edited by laweilawei; 02-03-2019, 01:25 AM.
          12/24/18: 485, 130, 131, 765 filing from Iowa to Chicago, marriage-based
          12/27/18: Priority Date
          01/14/19: Notice Date, received notification via text messages
          01/15/19: Cashed Date, received 4 physical NOAs
          02/01/19: Attempted bio appointment walk-in failed
          02/01/19: Received Courtesy Letter for I-693
          02/06/19: Bio appointment at Des Moines, IA
          02/23/19: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
          04/03/19: Case was approved for I-131 and I-765

Comment

• Wow that?s insane...but from other side they definitely have a right not to let any walk ins bc it says a certain day and time of appointment on the letter. I honestly had no patience but still waited till my appointment date. And I guess those people who was able to do walk ins are just lucky lol
            Originally posted by laweilawei View Post
            I've seen a lot of people saying they were able to do biometrics walk-in. My bio was scheduled to 2/6 at Des Moines and I tried to go in on 2/1 but got turned away. Just wanted to say that not all bio walk-ins are promised to be successful. Maybe I did it wrong? I told the security in the waiting room that I had a class on the day of the appointment and the weather was going to be terrible for driving (I had a ~2hr driving). He went to ask the person in charge and they told me if I want to reschedule I could do so as suggested on the appointment mail, but they did not let me do the walk-in.

Comment

• Originally posted by laweilawei View Post
              I am sorry to hear this. I think the early walk-in realy dependents on how the officers/ where the office is. For us, DEC filers, only thing we could do is wait patiently. We should hear something (like EAD) around MAY, JUNE and JULY.

(c)(9) - AOS, Current filing I130 I131 I485 I765, PD-12/21/18. Same-sex couple.

12/21/18 - AOS package delivered to Chicago office via FedEx.
              01/03/19 - 4 NOAs received.
              01/05/19 - Bio notification.
              01/14/19 - Bio done.

Comment

• Can?t wait good luck to all of us
                Originally posted by Dukeith View Post
                I am sorry to hear this. I think the early walk-in realy dependents on how the officers/ where the office is. For us, DEC filers, only thing we could do is wait patiently. We should hear something (like EAD) around MAY, JUNE and JULY.

Comment

• Originally posted by UA21 View Post
                  Can?t wait good luck to all of us
                  It beats me why everyone is trying to do an early walk in for the BioMetrics. During my time in this process, I don't see any correlation between an early walk in and a faster processing time. Even if it will make a difference, it would take off a few days from a process that takes between 6 months to many years. The only thing that can happen is that you have to come back a second time if you get turned down.

Comment

• It honestly doesn?t matter to me. It definitely won?t hurt to some people (those who don?t live far from uscis office) to try. I just followed the instructions on the letter with bio date. And I?m kinda happy about it cause some people had to come bc officers didn?t let them go through and I couldn?t keep going back and forth cause someone had to babysit my baby girl
                    Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
                    It beats me why everyone is trying to do an early walk in for the BioMetrics. During my time in this process, I don't see any correlation between an early walk in and a faster processing time. Even if it will make a difference, it would take off a few days from a process that takes between 6 months to many years. The only thing that can happen is that you have to come back a second time if you get turned down.

Comment

• Originally posted by UA21 View Post
                      It honestly doesn?t matter to me. It definitely won?t hurt to some people (those who don?t live far from uscis office) to try. I just followed the instructions on the letter with bio date. And I?m kinda happy about it cause some people had to come bc officers didn?t let them go through and I couldn?t keep going back and forth cause someone had to babysit my baby girl
                      My advice is to stick to the appointment time whenever possible. You may think you speed up your process with an early walk in, however with USCIS systems I am not so sure if it helps or hurts.
                      Who knows their system may get confused if you dont use your scheduled time and you may end up waiting longer? 😇

Comment

• ATL Filer December 2k18

Hey Guys i am new to this forum but here is my TL so far: Caregory: c9. I was a F1 student. in 2016 i applied for asylum . I havent got an interview yet, therefore i still have my 2 year work permit.. In march 2018 i got Married. July 16 2018: Applied for i 130. However i didnt know i could have done i 485 at the same time. December 14 2018: Applied for i 485, case was received. December 28: RFE was mailed(forgot to include my own tax transcript since i work). December 30: i130 approved January 8: Rfe received by uscis. January 13: fingerprint review was completed January 14: Courtesy I 693. No more update so far, i will keep letting you know guys. i renewed my work permit from the asylum case as well but i have not applied for a permit based on my AOS status(FYI). i am filing from ATL GA . and i check my status from myuscis.gov/account. The app dont work for my cases.use the website for better accuracy. Thank you guys

Comment

• You are absolutely right
                          Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
                          My advice is to stick to the appointment time whenever possible. You may think you speed up your process with an early walk in, however with USCIS systems I am not so sure if it helps or hurts.
                          Who knows their system may get confused if you dont use your scheduled time and you may end up waiting longer? 😇

Comment

• Originally posted by laweilawei View Post
                            That is very unfortunate! The good thing is that it's only a few more days of waiting.
                            I did some research and one blog sugested that I called my field office to ask about early walk-in. I didn't call, but went ahead anyway.
                            It was scheduled to 02/05 and I went on 01/31. I didn't say anything about being early, but they checked the letter. Everything went well. I didn't even have to take my biometrics again because the ones I took in august 2018 when I first applied was still valid. Salt Lake City, UT office.
                            Salt Lake City-UT
                            07/24/18- Documents received
                            11/16- I-485,765 and 131rejected
                            12/22- New I-485, 765 and 131 sent
                            12/27- Documents delivered at 10 am (UPS)
                            01/14- Credit Card was charged
                            01/14- text messages for I-485 and I-131
                            01/22- Received form I-765 back. Got rejected due to incorrect fee??
                            01/23-Submitted I-765 again.
                            01/31- Early Biometrics appointment
                            02/01- Fingerprint Review was completed
                            07/30- case is ready to be scheduled for ...
                            08/31-EAD in hands
                            10/22- Interview (approved)

Comment

• I got the same issue with i765...incorrect fee?? There?s no fee needed 🤦*♀️ Feel like they scamming us I swear. But I never resent another form for EAD
                              Originally posted by NSTJ18 View Post
                              That is very unfortunate! The good thing is that it's only a few more days of waiting.
                              I did some research and one blog sugested that I called my field office to ask about early walk-in. I didn't call, but went ahead anyway.
                              It was scheduled to 02/05 and I went on 01/31. I didn't say anything about being early, but they checked the letter. Everything went well. I didn't even have to take my biometrics again because the ones I took in august 2018 when I first applied was still valid. Salt Lake City, UT office.

Comment

• I485, I130, I765, I131

12/28/18 Mailed package to Chicago lockbox
                                12/31/18 Package was received
                                1/8/19 Credit card charged
                                1/8/19 Received 4 text messages
                                1/12/19 Received 4 I797C
                                1/18/19 Bio notification
                                1/28/19 Bio appointment
                                1/31/19 Ready to schedule for an interview
                                2/6/19 Interview was scheduled

Comment