Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa refused how can i pass my next interview

Hi,

I just gave my F1 interview a couple of days ago at the New Delhi consulate and was refused on 214(b) grounds. I have been previously refused a Canadian study permit and i suspect that it might have been the reason behind the refusal. My interview went something like this -

Q Can i have your passport and I20?
    A sure

Q So bachelors of biology..which year did you finish high school?
    A in 2013

Q What have you done since then?
    A After finishing high school i went on to pursue a university transfer program at Columbia college in Canada but due to the expected demise of my mother i had to come back to India in 2016 after earning 40 credits

Q I am sorry to hear that..may i know what happened to your mother?
    A She went through a heart surgery and could not make it

Q Why are you not continuing your studies in Canada?
    A I applied for another study permit after my return to India but unfortunately my application was refused.

Q How many schools did you apply to and how many have accepted you?
    A I applied to 3 schools X,Y,Z. I got admitted to Fisher college and i am yet to hear from the other two schools

Q Have you given the ACT/SAT
    A No i have not

Q So is this a new program that you are going for at Fisher college? Are you going to begin this bachelors from the beginning?
    A I am planning to transfer my credits i earned in Canada to Fisher college. According to Fisher, the transfer will be decided upon my arrival

Q What was your GPA in Canada?
    A My cumulative GPA was 2.2

Q What is your family's monthly income?
    A My father who is sponsoring my education has a monthly income of X

VO I am sorry but you are not eligible for this visa and you may wish to reapply

Thank you for your time for going through my post. The questions were not asked in this exact order, this is the order i could recall them in. I would really appreciate if anybody could help me figure out the reason behind my refusal and if i stand another chance for an approval.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X