Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do we do next after K1 fiancee visa, marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do we do next after K1 fiancee visa, marriage?

We have one week left on the 90 day marriage requirement of the K1 visa. We're married and need to take the next step. My wife needs permanent residence, travel and work. I filled out the i-485 for a green card but haven't sent it yet. I'm getting confused on what else to do and in what order it needs to be done.

I think I need the following forms and fees:

i-485 (permanent residence/ green card) $1,225
    i-131 (travel) $575
    i-864 (support) not sure on cost
    i-765 (work) $410 + $85 (I think)

Do I send them all together? I heard there is a break in cost but not sure how that works. Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by saugus View Post
    We have one week left on the 90 day marriage requirement of the K1 visa. We're married and need to take the next step. My wife needs permanent residence, travel and work. I filled out the i-485 for a green card but haven't sent it yet. I'm getting confused on what else to do and in what order it needs to be done.

I think I need the following forms and fees:

i-485 (permanent residence/ green card) $1,225
    i-131 (travel) $575
    i-864 (support) not sure on cost
    i-765 (work) $410 + $85 (I think)

Do I send them all together? I heard there is a break in cost but not sure how that works. Any help is appreciated.
    Yes, you are doing it right. I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole are both free for AOS applicants. So you only have the $1225 fee for I-485.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

ok thanks. The I-131 asks if she will need to travel back into the US more than once and when her expected travel dates are. Isn't travel unconditional once she is approved and given permanent residency?

Comment

Originally posted by saugus View Post
        ok thanks. The I-131 asks if she will need to travel back into the US more than once and when her expected travel dates are. Isn't travel unconditional once she is approved and given permanent residency?
        EAD and Advance Parole are for work and travel, respectively, before she becomes a permanent resident. Once she becomes a permanent resident, she doesn't need those. For the date and expected length of travel, just put "unknown", and select multiple entry.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X