Different Name in ********

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Name in ********

Hi there folks. This forum has been very helpful to me as we go on to gathering evidence before concurrently filing my I-130 and I-485. We are almost done but I just wondered if I will have to put the name I used in ******** on the immigration forms which asks for other names used. Because my full name is too long i shortened my first and last name in ********. I tried to changed it but i just modified last month and ******** wont let me change it, should be in 60 days after, they have a feature that let's you change it with id but problem is since i am out of visa i cant renew any of my id cards.
    Filing from Alexandria, VA USC Married to b2
    02/15/19 Package Delivered thru FedEx
    02/21/19 Case Notice Date
    02/25/19Received texts accepted at NBC
    02/27/19 Both checks encashed
    02/28/19 Received 4 NOAs in mail
    03/01/19 Received Biometrics Appointment
    03/14/19 Biometrics completed status updated to Fingerprint review was completed
    03/20/19 Case is Ready to Schedule for Interview
    08/19/19 EAD/ AP approved
    08/24/19 Combo card in hand
    08/26/19 Updated SS card in hand

Originally posted by chrizziam07 View Post
    Hi there folks. This forum has been very helpful to me as we go on to gathering evidence before concurrently filing my I-130 and I-485. We are almost done but I just wondered if I will have to put the name I used in ******** on the immigration forms which asks for other names used. Because my full name is too long i shortened my first and last name in ********. I tried to changed it but i just modified last month and ******** wont let me change it, should be in 60 days after, they have a feature that let's you change it with id but problem is since i am out of visa i cant renew any of my id cards.
    Pretty sure they're talking about any other names you've gone by legally. But that's really something you would need to contact USCIS about.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

It is reasonable to assume they are asking in case where you changed your name, or something like that. For example, if you were issued a driver license with you name misspelled, then you had it corrected. There are lots of legit reasons for a name change, and they only want to know so they can match up the records.

My friend is Armenian. His name was "Karen" (pronounced Car-En, not Care-Ren). He had his name changed to "Gary" because in the USA, "Karen" is not a man's name.

Your online screen name is just a nickname. It means nothing.

Comment

******** name is not 'Other Names Used'.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I laughed so hard

Lmao

Comment

i 485

hi ,
            i did the interview on 01/07/2019
            and on my status i got this message : Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed

please can you tell me what is going on ?
            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ovidi View Post
              hi ,
              i did the interview on 01/07/2019
              and on my status i got this message : Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed
              They said the same thing to my friend. A week later his wife received her visa.

There could be almost any reason. For all you know they are just backlogged by all the interviews and did not have time to do a final review of their notes. If that is the case, they likely told everyone who interviewed that day, the same thing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X