Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage based interview

Hello All,

I had my marriage based interview yesterday, it went alright. IO gave us the "Interview Results" paper and said he has to review my file before making a decision. The file referred to is an 1-130 which was filed for me by my sibling about a decade ago (the last information i received was about 8 years ago saying that the petition has been approved but there are no available immigrant visa numbers available until further notice.

Married to a US citizen July 2017
    PD - Oct. 16th 2017 (filed AOS I-485, I-130 (spouse being the petitioner) and I-765 (Work authorization/EAD)
    Biometrics/Finger Prints done on November 7th 2017
    Ready to be scheduled for interview - November 17th 2017
    EAD received - End of January 2018
    Interview Notice - November 7th 2018
    Interview took place - December 17th 2018

As of today, my status for AOS I-485 online reads.
    "New Card Is Being Produced
    On December 18, 2018, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number YYYY YYYY YYYY X, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

While the status for I-130 reads,
    "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed
    Your interview for your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt YYYY YYYY YYYY X, was completed, and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

My question is, does this mean my GC is on the way to me? Has it been approved?

Congrats! They approved you! "New Card Is Being Produced"

Comment

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
      Congrats! They approved you! "New Card Is Being Produced"
      Thank you kindly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bec View Post
        Thank you kindly.
        Merry Christmas, Now you have something to really celebrate. We got ours week of Thanksgiving. Made it a Happy Occasion.
        4-18-18 PD
        4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
        9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
        10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
        10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
        10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
        11-13-18 Interview
        11-13-18 New card being produced
        11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
        11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

[QUOTE=bobm445;590902]Merry Christmas, Now you have something to really celebrate. We got ours week of Thanksgiving. Made it a Happy Occasion.[/

Thank you. It sure is going to be a great Christmas. Congratulations and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Comment

Make sure to read through the links on this hread to prepare for your interview. https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...428#post590428

Comment

Currently not assigned for processing

Had our interview for the marriage supported green card in the beginning of August. Went well although we were told that the case needed to be transferred to a different field office because our address had change and for some reason USCIS wasn't aware of it although we had used that address to apply for my wife's combo card so they should have been. At any rate we received a receipt that said the case would be transferred to another field office. Then called an asked for a case update December 10th and they promised to send something out to us by mail by December 25th...still no update. Online it just shows that 'case currently is not assigned for processing'. Anyone have a similar experience?

Comment

Originally posted by IfeellikeBuddha View Post
                Had our interview for the marriage supported green card in the beginning of August. Went well although we were told that the case needed to be transferred to a different field office because our address had change and for some reason USCIS wasn't aware of it although we had used that address to apply for my wife's combo card so they should have been. At any rate we received a receipt that said the case would be transferred to another field office. Then called an asked for a case update December 10th and they promised to send something out to us by mail by December 25th...still no update. Online it just shows that 'case currently is not assigned for processing'. Anyone have a similar experience?
                even if you used the new address for the combo card, you still should have notified them of the the change of address separately using the change of address form.
                This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Getting nervous.. Is this normal?

Here is my husbands timeline so far.

June 2014 married
                  July 2015 had a child
                  August 2017 had a child

June 28 2018
                  We recieved your form I-765

July 3, 2018
                  Case Was Received

July 3, 2018
                  Fingerprint Fee Was Received

July 18, 2018
                  Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

July 31, 2018
                  Case Was Updated To Show All Fingerprints Were Taken And Case Is In Process

October 1, 2018
                  Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

October 11, 2018
                  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 23, 2018
                  Interview Was Scheduled

Nov 28,2018
                  Went to interview The lady who interviewed us said she would make a decision on our case by Fri,30th my case status online says November 23, 2018
                  Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview. I haven't received another interview or any letter from USCIS besides my husbands EAD card nothing on his I-485 application. Could it be taking longer because of the RFIE?

12/03/2018
                  We are processing your fingerprints taken for your form I-765.

12/03/2018
                  Post office picked up mail containing your new card.

He got his EAD card but nothing about his I-485.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X