Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa Denial After breaking J-1 Visa as a minor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Denial After breaking J-1 Visa as a minor?

Hi all,
    in short i want to tell you my sitaution. 10 years ago i entered USA with a J-1 Visa at age of 16. I overstaied my visa 1 more year still being a minor, and 1 month after i turned 18 i left USA by my will. From what i have read i should not be entitled to any 3 or 10 year ban from entering the country again(correct me if i am wrong). My question now is this, I want to apply for a tourist visa 8 years after i left USA, and i wanted to know even though i should not have any bans, can the officers deny my the visa, or not?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by eliohasa View Post
    Hi all,
    in short i want to tell you my sitaution. 10 years ago i entered USA with a J-1 Visa at age of 16. I overstaied my visa 1 more year still being a minor, and 1 month after i turned 18 i left USA by my will. From what i have read i should not be entitled to any 3 or 10 year ban from entering the country again(correct me if i am wrong). My question now is this, I want to apply for a tourist visa 8 years after i left USA, and i wanted to know even though i should not have any bans, can the officers deny my the visa, or not?

Thank you in advance.
    Yes, of course. They always "can" deny you a nonimmigrant visa. Many foreigners with even completely clean histories are denied visas all the time.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

It's totally up to them honestly, even if you don't have a bar, if the officer has any doubt that you might overstay again he can deny it

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X