Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided. Please use at your own risk. Do not post anything you don't want publicly visible.


Track greencard/visa apps
Immihelp Tracker
Help Others
Share Experiences
Instant Quotes & Purchase
Visitor Medical Insurance
Find
Travel Companion
Download Mobile Apps:   iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App    Android App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Libra_14 View Post
    That's not true, a lot of people stays in USA awaiting their AOS to complete & that is legal & won't cause deportation.


    Thats what was my first suggestion. Get renewal first in her home country. Then have her visit USA on B2 visa & then file AOS (though it will take time).
    So if we file AOS for her mother when she comes here these are the forms we need to file for her mother right? I'm happy to hear that you said she can stay here if she files for AOS even though her stamp visa might expire pending the AOS (is it because she is considered an immediate relative mother to her US citizen daughter?)

    I-130 Petition for relative $535 (how long it's taking to approve and interview ballpark?) so this will get processed in states and not in the foreign country consular? Do you have to file this form too or just the I-485?
    I-131 travel document $575 (how long it taking to approve ballpark) is this wise to file just in case she needs to go back home for emergency right?
    I-485 AOS for green card $1,225 (how long it's taking to approve and receive gc ballpark?)
    I-765 app for employment authorization $495 (is this form required to get a green card)?

    man that's like $2,830 in form fees.

    Thank you so much for your wealth of information.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoyen View Post
    I-131 travel document $575 (how long it taking to approve ballpark) is this wise to file just in case she needs to go back home for emergency right?
    I-485 AOS for green card $1,225 (how long it's taking to approve and receive gc ballpark?)
    I-765 app for employment authorization $495 (is this form required to get a green card)?
    You will file those together, so is only $1,225 for all 3. But then there's the medical, vaccines, living expenses, travel to biometrics/interview, and some other things.

    If someone is entering the USA on B2 the intention should be just to visit and not stay permanently. Of course that can change after a few weeks. Do the person plan to travel with a return ticket or only one-way? I guess if only one-way could look suspicious.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoyen View Post
    She can stay here if she files for AOS even though her stamp visa might expire pending the AOS (is it because she is considered an immediate relative mother to her US citizen daughter?)
    Visa is merely for entry purpose - she need to have a valid visa only on the date of entry - doesn't matter when it expires post entry into USA.

    Her entry is defined on I94 & she need to return by that date (which might be same as visa expiry of 6 months from date of entry) or file for AOS before I94 date.

    She can stay beyond I94 date in USA because her application of AOS is in process (not because she is considered relative) - so AOS need to be filed atleast a week before I94 expiry date.
    - Not a legal advice, just MY opinion

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Libra_14 View Post
    Visa is merely for entry purpose - she need to have a valid visa only on the date of entry - doesn't matter when it expires post entry into USA.

    Her entry is defined on I94 & she need to return by that date (which might be same as visa expiry of 6 months from date of entry) or file for AOS before I94 date.

    She can stay beyond I94 date in USA because her application of AOS is in process (not because she is considered relative) - so AOS need to be filed atleast a week before I94 expiry date.

    Along with the 3 forms mentioned above, do i also need to file form I-130 for her mother if we decide to adjust her status while she is in the states? so an additional fee of $535 for I-130?

    Just wanting to make sure i understand this correctly.

    Thanks.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Theoyen View Post
    Along with the 3 forms mentioned above, do i also need to file form I-130 for her mother if we decide to adjust her status while she is in the states? so an additional fee of $535 for I-130?

    Just wanting to make sure i understand this correctly.

    Thanks.
    Not sure about the fee, but yes you’ll need to file I130 for her immigration once she is in USA.
    - Not a legal advice, just MY opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •