I am a Canadian and I worked in the States for 2 years. I am curious that if I lose my job and I can not find a job within the grace period, Can I leave the U.S and return back immediately as a tourist on the same day (as far as I know, Canadians do not need a visa to travel to the US). I just want to get more time to find out a job in the United States. I am a bit worried that if I can return to the United States as a tourist on the day of departure. Is this gonna work? Do I need to apply for B1 or B2 visa ?