Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O-1 visa stamping after approved I-140 (I-485 is not filed yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-1 visa stamping after approved I-140 (I-485 is not filed yet)

I am working on O-1 status and need to travel internationally and go for O-1 visa stamping. My I-140 is approved on EB-1 category. I have not filed I-485 yet due to retrogression. Is it safe to go for O-1 stamping in this situation.

Has anyone experienced this situation before ?

Thanks.

I was able to get O-1 visa stamp without any issues,. I did answer Yes to the question on DS-160 about immigrant petition. I provided the corresponding receipt number and also included the following statement as suggested by my lawyer. "8 CFR 214.2(o) (13) and 9 FAM 402.13-5(B) state that an alien may be granted O-1A status while lawfully seeking to become a permanent resident of the U.S." During visa interview, no questions were asked about my approved I-140.

Comment

thank you for providing update.
      Could you please share Q & A for your interview at consulate.
      Would really appreciate your response.

Comment

I am in India stranded!!! My O1 was refused on the basis that I was on J1 and have not been approved for a two year home waiver. She gave me a green slip and asked me to submit the waiver approval letter before she will approve the visa. I always thought (even my attorney) that O1 is the only visa that I can apply as a J1 even with two year home return. Am I wrong? anybody has any more information or suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by ahkbits View Post
          I am working on O-1 status and need to travel internationally and go for O-1 visa stamping. My I-140 is approved on EB-1 category. I have not filed I-485 yet due to retrogression. Is it safe to go for O-1 stamping in this situation.

Has anyone experienced this situation before ?

Thanks.
          Could you please mention the Q/A that you faced during O1 visa interview?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X