Visitor visa for retired individuals to attend wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for retired individuals to attend wedding

Both my parents have retired as gazzetted officers and get good pension, which is their source of income. They have own house in delhi. They want to visit usa for my cousin's wedding.
    What all documents are required? How do they prove to the visa officer that they intend to return?

Originally posted by Anjali05 View Post
    Both my parents have retired as gazzetted officers and get good pension, which is their source of income. They have own house in delhi. They want to visit usa for my cousin's wedding.
    What all documents are required? How do they prove to the visa officer that they intend to return?
    Do they have any kids in USA? or just visiting your cousin?

They need to show ties to their home country, by showing their kids in India, properties (house & others), consistent income (pention, rent, interest on savings etc).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Do they have any kids in USA? or just visiting your cousin?

They need to show ties to their home country, by showing their kids in India, properties (house & others), consistent income (pention, rent, interest on savings etc).
      Hi, thanks for your reply.
      My maternal aunt and her entire family lives there. They have invited my parents for this wedding. Its an important function for us to attend.

What documents are needed to prove that they have kids in india? Birth certificate of kids? Will that be enough?

Post wedding they would also be travelling to.se nearby places with my aunt's family. I have requested my aunt to prepare an intenarary for them. Anything else needed?

One of my other aunt and uncle, who are also retired govt personnels, also applied for visa for this same wedding. Their visa got rejected on 4 jan 2018. They were asked where my usa aunt and uncle are working and they had no idea.

For my parents interview i just want them to be fully prepared with all documents and answers.

Comment

What documents are needed to prove that they have kids in india? Birth certificate of kids? Will that be enough?
        Passport will be little better, if not available, then local govt issued IDs.
        Post wedding they would also be travelling to.se nearby places with my aunt's family. I have requested my aunt to prepare an intenarary for them. Anything else needed?
        Not needed - ask your parents to remember names of few nearby cities they wanted to visit.
        One of my other aunt and uncle, who are also retired govt personnels, also applied for visa for this same wedding. Their visa got rejected on 4 jan 2018. They were asked where my usa aunt and uncle are working and they had no idea.
        Good point, since your parents will be attending someone's wedding, they should atleast know where they live (address), where they work (company), what is their status (visa, green card or citizen) etc.
        For my parents interview i just want them to be fully prepared with all documents and answers.
        Best of luck !!
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Great news

My parents got 10 years us visa.
          I definitely thank this forum, it really helped me in understanding the interview process.
          Very simple questions were asked:
          What do you do?
          Duration and purpose of travel?
          Do you have family in india?

Thats all. The visa officer was a foreigner lady who spoke really fluent hindi. It was quite impressive.

Personally, what i learnt is for the visa interview, one needs to tell the truth. Stick to the facts as mentioned in the form. Frame one line answers with key words.
          Thanks again for the help.

Comment

My parents got 10 years us visa.
            I definitely thank this forum, it really helped me in understanding the interview process.
            Very simple questions were asked:
            What do you do?
            Duration and purpose of travel?
            Do you have family in india?

Thats all. The visa officer was a foreigner lady who spoke really fluent hindi. It was quite impressive.

Personally, what i learnt is for the visa interview, one needs to tell the truth. Stick to the facts as mentioned in the form. Frame one line answers with key words.
            Thanks again for the help.
            Congratulations ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X