b2 or h4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b2 or h4?

I got married in Dec 2018 and my husband got his H1-B approved in Dec 2018.

I have applied for visitors B2 visa in Jan 2019.

Could you please provide some interview tips and how can I get my tourist visa approved? What steps shall I take to secure my interview?

how can i justify applying for tourist visa and not dependent visa?

Originally posted by jbahal View Post
    I got married in Dec 2018 and my husband got his H1-B approved in Dec 2018.

I have applied for visitors B2 visa in Jan 2019.

Could you please provide some interview tips and how can I get my tourist visa approved? What steps shall I take to secure my interview?

how can i justify applying for tourist visa and not dependent visa?
    Why are you applying for B2 visa & not H4? B2 will have limited stay, while on H4 you can stay longer with your spouse.

Even if you are not intending to stay longer - still an H4 will be easy & beneficial for long run.

Remember that, for getting an B2 visa you'll need to prove strong ties to home country (while having husband in USA - it won't show like).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for the reply .

I had not got the marriage certificate till yesterday and i had submitted my DS 160 already. Also, I might think on the lines of career development there. I have seen h4 people facing troubles with h4 and hence i was just being on a safer side! What are my options? How can i handle the question>??

Comment

Thanks for the reply .

I had not got the marriage certificate till yesterday and i had submitted my DS 160 already. Also, I might think on the lines of career development there. I have seen h4 people facing troubles with h4 and hence i was just being on a safer side! What are my options? How can i handle the question>??
        For your career also, switching from H4 to H1 will be easier, compared to B2 to H1.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          For your career also, switching from H4 to H1 will be easier, compared to B2 to H1.

I am sorry for typing out wrong. I meant swtiching from h4 to F1. My cousin's F1 was rejected. And if i study on H4 i will not be able to work.
          Thats the reason i have applied for B2.

Any tips for getting the b2 approved in this situation? What can be my best way to convince them?

Comment

I am sorry for typing out wrong. I meant swtiching from h4 to F1. My cousin's F1 was rejected. And if i study on H4 i will not be able to work.
            Thats the reason i have applied for B2.

Any tips for getting the b2 approved in this situation? What can be my best way to convince them?
            Sorry but none of the reasons you proffered make much sense, in that what would be difficult with H4 (like COS to F1) would only be a lot more difficult with B2. Coming back to your original question: The line of questioning that Libra_14 raised would be the first thing pursued by the VO, and you should have a plausible answer.
            Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X