interview experience in Phoenix, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interview experience in Phoenix, AZ

Hey Guys - we just had our green card interview this morning and I want to share my experience.

Results: approved.

some background information: I am the beneficiary, gay marriage, both of us are in 20s and first marriage for both, no kids. F1 -> H1B -> AOS(c9)

questions were asked:

1. I reviewed your case, do you bring anything to show cohabitation? like bills, banking statements etc?

2. when and where did you guys meet?(he asked me to spell Grindr.....lmao)

3. You are from (country), right?

4. you came here as a student, right?

5. did you guys have a lot trips? I saw you submitted some pictures

6. yes/no questions on I485

one question for my husband: where was you born?

the he said he is gonna recommend for approval and handed me the interview results paper.

Some thoughts on this whole process:

1. if marriage is real nothing needs to be anxious about.
    2. I did all paper work by myself via reading and following instructions published on USCIS's website.
    3. I followed the evidence preparation from the top thread, I did not print out all months statements bills etc because it would be overwhelming for interviewers to go through. Actually I said the same to interviewer and he said yes you are right and he only picked some. However, you need to make sure everything makes sense or the interviewer can connect the dots.
    4. We were pretty confident and a little bit nervous when my name was called, after we said good afternoon to each other I was fine.

Good luck guys!
    PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
    11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
    11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
    11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
    09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
    09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
    11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Originally posted by Pepsimax View Post
    Hey Guys - we just had our green card interview this morning and I want to share my experience.

some background information: I am the beneficiary, gay marriage, both of us are in 20s and first marriage for both, no kids. F1 -> H1B -> AOS(c9)

questions were asked:

1. I reviewed your case, do you bring anything to show cohabitation? like bills, banking statements etc?

the he said he is gonna recommend for approval and handed me the interview results paper.

2. I did all paper work by myself via reading and following instructions published on USCIS's website.
    3. I followed the evidence preparation from the top thread, I did not print out all months statements bills etc because it would be overwhelming for interviewers to go through. Actually I said the same to interviewer and he said yes you are right and he only picked some. However, you need to make sure everything makes sense or the interviewer can connect the dots.
    4. We were pretty confident and a little bit nervous when my name was called, after we said good afternoon to each other I was fine.

Good luck guys!
    Thanks for sharing your experience. And congrats!
    Field Office at San Bernadino

PD at August 2nd
    Biometric appointment at August 28th
    Finger print review completed at August 29th
    Form I-485 is ready to schedule for interview at September 4th
    EAD card on hand at January 10th
    Interview was scheduled at Feb 4th 2019

Comment

questions were asked:

Good luck guys!
      Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
      (c)(9) - AOS, Current filing I130 I131 I485 I765, PD-12/21/18. Same-sex couple.

12/21/18 - AOS package delivered to Chicago office via FedEx.
      01/03/19 - 4 NOAs received.
      01/05/19 - Bio notification.
      01/14/19 - Bio done.

Comment

Great! Congratulations!!
        Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
        AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
        DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
        DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
        DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
        DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
        DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
        JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
        FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
        FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

Interview experience!

Hey everyone!!

Update: We had our interview on 01/07/2018 early morning at the Phoenix, AZ center. I was excited but nervous because we have been waiting so long for this moment. The officer who interviewed us was very friendly.
          He asked me basic questions:
          Last entry date/location
          Current address
          When we first started dating and how long we had been married for.
          He asked for recent bills, tax information.
          He did ask if I had sent in the medical exam with my application. I told him yes but I did have a new medial exam.
          He notified me that medical exams are good for two years. But a lot of people are not aware of that.
          I had taken pictures of our wedding/trips/ family photos, he reviewed them after he had already approved us.
          Interview was a breeze I cannot believe it's already over lol

I created a binder with all my receipts/applications/ correspondence from USCIS.
          I also took my accordion binder with all our bills/taxs/ any documentation with both of out names on it.
          The officer recommended that every 3 months we add current information to our binders so when we need to apply to remove conditions we are prepared and don't have to back track two years.

Some advice go over all the documents a couple of days before to ensure you have all documents.
          Good luck to everyone who has up coming interviews or are waiting to be scheduled.
          I know it is frustrating at times to wait so long but the wait is worth it.

Our timeline:
          July 8, 2017 - Got Married
          September 12, 2017 - Package received
          October 10, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment
          October 18, 2017- Status changed to ready to be scheduled for an interview
          November, 2017 - EAD mailed
          August 17, 2018- I-765 renewal sent
          November 19, 2018- Notice of scheduled interview
          January 7,2019- Approved on spot, email sent
          January 7, 2019- New Card Is Being Produced

Comment

Originally posted by valsram038 View Post
            Hey everyone!!

Update: We had our interview on 01/07/2018 early morning at the Phoenix, AZ center. I was excited but nervous because we have been waiting so long for this moment. The officer who interviewed us was very friendly.
            Last entry date/location
            Current address
            He did ask if I had sent in the medical exam with my application. I told him yes but I did have a new medial exam.
            He notified me that medical exams are good for two years. But a lot of people are not aware of that.
            I had taken pictures of our wedding/trips/ family photos, he reviewed them after he had already approved us.

I created a binder with all my receipts/applications/ correspondence from USCIS.
            I also took my accordion binder with all our bills/taxs/ any documentation with both of out names on it.
            The officer recommended that every 3 months we add current information to our binders so when we need to apply to remove conditions we are prepared and don't have to back track two years.

Some advice go over all the documents a couple of days before to ensure you have all documents.
            Good luck to everyone who has up coming interviews or are waiting to be scheduled.

Our timeline:
            I think we had same interviewer 😂

11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.

Comment

Awesome congrats!

Comment

Hey everyone!!

Last entry date/location
                Current address

Our timeline:
                Congrats! Thanks for sharing with us.
                I have a question. Did you have any joint tax together? I just married last july, and my interview is on early feb, so i dont know if we can file tax together on time
                Field Office at San Bernadino

PD at August 2nd
                Biometric appointment at August 28th
                Finger print review completed at August 29th
                Form I-485 is ready to schedule for interview at September 4th
                EAD card on hand at January 10th
                Interview was scheduled at Feb 4th 2019

Comment

Green card delivered!! :d

Update: I received USPS tracking information yesterday. Today I checked and my card has been delivered to my mailbox, I am dying from anxiety because I am at work and I just want to go home and check it! lol

Hey everyone!!

Last entry date/location
                  Current address

Our timeline:
                  - - - Updated - - -

Yes we filed jointly, I believe you can start filing tax return 1/28/2019.
                  Originally posted by xeradion00 View Post
                  Congrats! Thanks for sharing with us.
                  I have a question. Did you have any joint tax together? I just married last july, and my interview is on early feb, so i dont know if we can file tax together on time

Comment

Update: I received USPS tracking information yesterday. Today I checked and my card has been delivered to my mailbox, I am dying from anxiety because I am at work and I just want to go home and check it! lol.
                    Patience my friend. You waited so long that you can survive a few more hours!
                    Happy days!

Comment

Update: I received USPS tracking information yesterday. Today I checked and my card has been delivered to my mailbox, I am dying from anxiety because I am at work and I just want to go home and check it! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we filed jointly, I believe you can start filing tax return 1/28/2019.
                      Usps left a note for me saying “for security reasons please pick up at post office ” but I got I485 and I130 approval letter already.

Comment

Usps left a note for me saying “for security reasons please pick up at post office ” but I got I485 and I130 approval letter already.
                        Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations , i also from Phx... got approval letter on Dec 20, till today still has no card.. i feel like officer forgot to click that button... very weird..

Comment

Originally posted by Tpynt2013 View Post
                            Congratulations , i also from Phx... got approval letter on Dec 20, till today still has no card.. i feel like officer forgot to click that button... very weird..
                            hmmmm was you online status changed? I would call USCIS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X