N400 - my DMV driving record shows no violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 - my DMV driving record shows no violation

I am about to fill in N400 and want to disclose all my traffic+parking tickets.
    I am sure that i have several speeding tickets (2 in Louisiana: 8 and 7 years ago and 1 in Texas: more than 8 years ago) and 1 parking ticket in the past (more than 2 years ago). But the driving record that i took from DMV shows no violation.
    Do you know where i can get my ticket information OR how to fill in the form (question 29) in this scenarios.
    Last edited by caiban1234; 01-09-2019, 01:28 AM. Reason: more detail

Originally posted by caiban1234 View Post
    I am sure that i have several speeding tickets (2 in Louisiana: 8 and 7 years ago and 1 in Texas: more than 8 years ago) and 1 parking ticket in the past (more than 2 years ago). But the driving record that i took from DMV shows no violation.
    Do you know where i can get my ticket information OR how to fill in the form (question 29) in this scenarios.
    You should be able to get the information from the DMV online. If not, try your bank and see if you can find any copies of the checks to pay these violations. The problem is that the banks are not required to keep the information longer than 7 years. This is in my state, but your state may be different. Failing that, I would just disclose this to the officer during your interview, and show h/her your record that shows that there were no violations. Stating the truth may be best.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Comment

If you received a traffic ticket, there should be a record with the court in the jurisdiction where you paid it. Check their online case system.

Comment

Originally posted by caiban1234 View Post
        For speeding citations, just go to the COUNTY COURTS where you were required to make payments to or show up in court to contest...oftentimes, they can simply email you a copy if not more than 7 years ago as that was when (at least in my county) they started to digitize. Were your parking tickets marked as 'citations?' If not, you don't have to include them!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X