Question on EAD timeline.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on EAD timeline.

Hello. I filed for VAWA which included filing of EAD and adjusment of status. The case was received on August 8, 2017 and had biometric fingerprint appointment on October 10, 2017. My case status on the website still shows case received on August 8, 2017 and has not been updated since. I ended up calling Immigration the second week of Dec 2017. I spoke with an operator who stated is processing; but ended up submitting an inquiry and stated I should receive a mail in 15 days. I'm yet to receive any mail.

i just want the EAD card and it's taking so long. It is so frustrating and wanted to know if anyone had to wait long to receive EAD.

Thanks,

I'm still waiting with PD 08/01.
    AOS C9, Houston TX

PD: 08/01
    Fingerprinted: 08/17
    RFIE sent: 11/07
    Responsed to RFIE received: 12/04
    Request for expedition on I765: 12/07
    Evidence faxed: 12/10

Comment

EAD Renewal

Hello, everybody.

I am an asylee applicant and my case is still pending. I correspond to the C8 category.
      So I received my work permit two years ago and now, I will have to renew it but I do not have the money yet.

Does anyone know what happens if you are late in renewing your EAD?

Lets say my Ead expires in April. What happens if I send the fees and the form after April?

Is still acceptable by Uscis?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Comment

180 days extension

Originally posted by sofia2133 View Post
        Hello, everybody.

I am an asylee applicant and my case is still pending. I correspond to the C8 category.
        So I received my work permit two years ago and now, I will have to renew it but I do not have the money yet.

Does anyone know what happens if you are late in renewing your EAD?

Lets say my Ead expires in April. What happens if I send the fees and the form after April?

Is still acceptable by Uscis?

Thank you very much for your answer.
        If you still dont recieve your EAD by your expiration date, then your EAD will automatically entends for 180 days. This is due to backlog.

Comment

Originally posted by Maame91 View Post
          Hello. I filed for VAWA which included filing of EAD and adjusment of status. The case was received on August 8, 2017 and had biometric fingerprint appointment on October 10, 2017. My case status on the website still shows case received on August 8, 2017 and has not been updated since. I ended up calling Immigration the second week of Dec 2017. I spoke with an operator who stated is processing; but ended up submitting an inquiry and stated I should receive a mail in 15 days. I'm yet to receive any mail.

i just want the EAD card and it's taking so long. It is so frustrating and wanted to know if anyone had to wait long to receive EAD.

Thanks,
          Although they say that each case is different but i am on 9 months now and my status just change to New Card Is Being Produced. my PD was may 11 and 9 months later finally something good
          May 02, 18 - File all forms together
          May 02, 18 - Finger print fees received
          May 06, 18 - I-765 Return for missing signature and was mail back out same day
          May 11, 18 - I-765 Received
          May 18, 18 - RFIE
          May 29, 18 - Both finger print done
          June 5, 18 - RFIE Received
          Sep 21, 18 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
          Sep 21, 18 - Interview Was Scheduled
          Oct 31, 18 - Interview complete
          Jan 18, 19 - EAD New Card Is Being Produced
          Jan 25, 19 - EAD Received in hand

Comment

I have similar dates with yours. I submitted EAD renewals application in July, and I'm on the 7th month waiting for it. Created Service Request two weeks ago and the case has yet to be assigned to an officer...Representative told me that I can do nothing but to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Maame91 View Post

Thanks,
              Oh wow, 2017 is too long! I thought mine was long. I submitted in January of 2018 and still on "Case Received" as well. Hopefully you get yours soon. I already reached out to my congressman to no avail so I'm going to keep bugging. Mine is just a renewal, but from what I understand AOS with EAD should be quicker.

Vawa department needs to hurry up. The struggle is real.

Comment

Maame91, really 2017? or is it 2018?
                Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                ---
                All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X