Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Parents revisit on visitor visa

Hi Friends,

My parents visited USA in 2015 on visitor visa which is valid for 10 yrs and it was sponsored by my brother. Now my brother moved back to India for good.
    My question is can I invite my parents on same visa ? or they have to get new visa sponsored by me ?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Looking for urgent help here.

Thanks,
    Last edited by sumgoel; 01-09-2019, 02:10 PM.

Originally posted by sumgoel View Post
    Hi Friends,

My parents visited USA in 2015 on visitor visa which is valid for 10 yrs and it was sponsored by my brother. Now my brother moved back to India for good.
    My question is can I invite my parents on same visa ? or they have to get new visa sponsored by me ?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Looking for urgent help here.

Thanks,
    An visa once issued is good for that purpose - sponsorship doesn't make any difference.

Even if both of you goes back to your home country - they can still use that visa to visit USA for tourism purpose.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks for info

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      An visa once issued is good for that purpose - sponsorship doesn't make any difference.

Even if both of you goes back to your home country - they can still use that visa to visit USA for tourism purpose.

Thanks alot for the information.

Comment

I am in exactly the same situation and had the same question. My sister got the visa for my parents, but she is no longer in the US. My parents will be visiting me this time. From what I asked around, it seems this isn't an issue. I only consulted friends though, and not attorneys. To be safe, I am travelling to India and accompanying my parents on their trip here. That way, I can provide any necessary documentation to the immigration authority if needed. If you will not be accompanying your parents on their trip here, provide them a copy of our passport (your parents' names in your passport will prove they are your parents). Also provide them an invitation letter with your signature, your paystubs, bank statements etc., to prove that you have enough money to support their stay here. What I mentioned here may be an over-kill, but I prefer being safe than sorry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X