Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed on Parents B2 visa documents [mis-spelled names in passport]

Hi,

I am planning to apply tourist USA visa for my parents. They will be booking tour package [All inclusive from India to US] to travel here.
    I could get the list of required documents but i need guidance on spelling mis-match in names.
    Parents passports and all other supporting documents are proper, but issue is their details in my passport.

On my passport, in my father's full name, my GRAND FATHER'S name is misspelled [Vithalrao]. On parent's passport and all other documents its Vitthalrao.

also on my passport my mother's first name is spelled as SIMA whereas on her passport and all of her documents its SEEMA.

I am on L1-B visa and my GC is in process [I-140 approved] so i am not willing to make changes in my own passport.

So in such scenario, whats the best approach.

Should i ask my parents to self sponsor their visa ? even if they are booking tour and self sponsoring, sharing my documents in necessary ?
    I am just concerned about this name mis-match with my passport.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Neelam

Originally posted by neelam.db View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to apply tourist USA visa for my parents. They will be booking tour package [All inclusive from India to US] to travel here.
    I could get the list of required documents but i need guidance on spelling mis-match in names.
    Parents passports and all other supporting documents are proper, but issue is their details in my passport.

On my passport, in my father's full name, my GRAND FATHER'S name is misspelled [Vithalrao]. On parent's passport and all other documents its Vitthalrao.

also on my passport my mother's first name is spelled as SIMA whereas on her passport and all of her documents its SEEMA.

I am on L1-B visa and my GC is in process [I-140 approved] so i am not willing to make changes in my own passport.

So in such scenario, whats the best approach.

Should i ask my parents to self sponsor their visa ? even if they are booking tour and self sponsoring, sharing my documents in necessary ?
    I am just concerned about this name mis-match with my passport.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Neelam
    Have them self-sponsor is always better. Your financial documents are not at all required. Though, they do need copy of your passport, visa & I140 approval etc.

For your grand father's name, it won't impact much.

For your mother's name - what did you fill in for your mother's name when you submitted your DS160 for visa & I140 - if it was SEEMA then you are good. For parents they match details (name, dob, address) from your DS160 & their passport - if that matches it will be good.

Still, let them go and attend the interview. If questioned, prepare your mother to answer that both spellings are almost same as per their local language.

Best of luck.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Have them self-sponsor is always better. Your financial documents are not at all required. Though, they do need copy of your passport, visa & I140 approval etc.

For your grand father's name, it won't impact much.

For your mother's name - what did you fill in for your mother's name when you submitted your DS160 for visa & I140 - if it was SEEMA then you are good. For parents they match details (name, dob, address) from your DS160 & their passport - if that matches it will be good.

Still, let them go and attend the interview. If questioned, prepare your mother to answer that both spellings are almost same as per their local language.

Best of luck.

Thanks a lot for response.
      In my DS160 and I140, my mothers name is spelled as SIMA. so it does not match with their passports.
      Do I have to carry affidavit [saying SIMA and SEEMA is same person] for this ?
      Same for my grand father's name ? will that help. ?

Thanks,
      Neelam

Comment

Help needed on Parents B2 visa documents [mis-spelled names in passport]

Thanks for the response.
        In my DS160 and I-140 mother's name is SIMA. so it does not match with my parent's passport details.
        Carrying a affidavit [saying SIMA and SEEMA are the same person] will help ? or any other document that can help in this case ?

similarly for my grand father's name ?

Thanks,
        Neelam

Comment

In my DS160 and I140, my mothers name is spelled as SIMA. so it does not match with their passports.
          Do I have to carry affidavit [saying SIMA and SEEMA is same person] for this ?
          Though they won't accept any affidavit - a self signed Indian stamp paper is not a legal document for them, but lets have it.

Same for my grand father's name ? will that help. ?
          Grand father's name is not a big deal.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X