Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overstayed F1 visa by 3 months previously. Can I be denied a K1 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overstayed F1 visa by 3 months previously. Can I be denied a K1 visa?

Four years ago, I was in the US on an F1 visa. I overstayed by three months. I am now wanting to apply for a K1 visa, however, I am worried that I will be denied due to having overstayed my visa. Is this a possibility?

I was also wondering what you think of entering the US as a visitor, and marrying after three months and then applying for the green card. I had a consultation with a lawyer and she suggested this as an option. Is it risky? I wouldn't want to take any chances if I could be denied.

Thank you for your help!

Originally posted by pussrat View Post
    Four years ago, I was in the US on an F1 visa. I overstayed by three months. I am now wanting to apply for a K1 visa, however, I am worried that I will be denied due to having overstayed my visa. Is this a possibility?
    I don't think they would deny K1 for that.

Originally posted by pussrat View Post
    I was also wondering what you think of entering the US as a visitor, and marrying after three months and then applying for the green card. I had a consultation with a lawyer and she suggested this as an option. Is it risky? I wouldn't want to take any chances if I could be denied.
    You should not enter on a visitor visa with intent to file AOS during that stay.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X