Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name is too hard to pronounce, can he use a nickname?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name is too hard to pronounce, can he use a nickname?

My stepson will, naturally, attend school here after he arrives. His name is very difficult to pronounce. Can the teaches and his friends call him "Thomas Xavier".

My friend uses the name "Rudy" at work but his real name is "Rufoldo". I use a nickname as well.
    Last edited by linuxpro; 01-10-2019, 06:53 PM.

Originally posted by linuxpro View Post
    My stepson will, naturally, attend school here after he arrives. His name is very difficult to pronounce. Can the teaches and his friends call him "Thomas Xavier".

My friend uses the name "Rudy" at work but his real name is "Rufoldo". I use a nickname as well.
    He can use any name he wishes, provided it is not offensive and not used in an unlawful way. I have many students who have names from their countries. When they register for school, they choose a nickname.
    This can be a problem if you want to use the real name sometimes. An example is to register for college with SAT scores. I think he should register with his real name and just ask the teacher to call him Thomas.
    Believe me, he would not be the first student/person who has done this.

I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxpro View Post

My formal name is Robert, My friends and family call me Bobby. On my diplomas I use my formal name Robert. Teacher called me Bob ? all acceptable names. Make sure his legal name is on legal documents and school records. it matters later in life.
      4-18-18 PD
      4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
      9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
      10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
      10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
      10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
      11-13-18 Interview
      11-13-18 New card being produced
      11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
      11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...