Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa question

B2 VISA QUESTION!!
    I just want some input on my b2 visa/ travel plans. I am a NZ citizen and my boyfriend is a USC, we have been dating for six months and I have visited twice, first for two months (well 7 weeks) and the second time, just for two weeks over the holidays. I have never had an issues at the border, the second time round I said I was visiting my boyfriend, he didn't ask to see my return flights or letter from my employer, probably because I was only staying for two weeks. So that's the background.. This May I am planning to return to the US but for considerably longer, I realise the B2 visa does not guarantee entry to the US, but that in most instances you have 6 months. I plan to stay there until the end of August, I will primarily be staying with my boyfriend, but additionally will be traveling within the US for a bachelorette party, I'll be in the bridal party for a friend and be doing a cruise in the Caribbean. I am hoping this will suffice as evidence I am there to travel and enjoy the summer. I will however not have evidence of a job in New Zealand as I am contracted to a company until April, with this I won't look for employment until I get back in September. I don't know how else I will show ties to NZ since I am only 26 and don't have any properties. I am well aware of the fact I cannot work in the States, I will have sufficient finances to support myself whilst there. I am wondering if any of yall see any red flags with this plan and how to ensure I won't have issues with being admitted entry.

Originally posted by pastaandpinot View Post
    B2 VISA QUESTION!!
    I just want some input on my b2 visa/ travel plans. I am a NZ citizen and my boyfriend is a USC, we have been dating for six months and I have visited twice, first for two months (well 7 weeks) and the second time, just for two weeks over the holidays. I have never had an issues at the border, the second time round I said I was visiting my boyfriend, he didn't ask to see my return flights or letter from my employer, probably because I was only staying for two weeks. So that's the background.. This May I am planning to return to the US but for considerably longer, I realise the B2 visa does not guarantee entry to the US, but that in most instances you have 6 months. I plan to stay there until the end of August, I will primarily be staying with my boyfriend, but additionally will be traveling within the US for a bachelorette party, I'll be in the bridal party for a friend and be doing a cruise in the Caribbean. I am hoping this will suffice as evidence I am there to travel and enjoy the summer. I will however not have evidence of a job in New Zealand as I am contracted to a company until April, with this I won't look for employment until I get back in September. I don't know how else I will show ties to NZ since I am only 26 and don't have any properties. I am well aware of the fact I cannot work in the States, I will have sufficient finances to support myself whilst there. I am wondering if any of yall see any red flags with this plan and how to ensure I won't have issues with being admitted entry.
    I don't see any issue here. Ties to the country is only checked when you appear for the visa interview. At the POE, you just need to provide purpose of your visit.

And since you already maintaining good history (returning before time) - I don't think you will have any problem.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X