Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Extension approved, H1 petition approved. Need to travel to India

Hi,

I am on L2 visa. My L2 extension got approved and not yet stamped. I need to travel to India due to some personal work. But the other day my H1 petition got approved. Does that mean my L2 status is voided now? As I am travelling to India, which Visa should I go for stamping? If I go for L2 stamping, will my approved H1 petition be voided? Is there any chance to come back on L2 and get my H1 transferred to another employer.?

Originally posted by mahi191 View Post
    Hi,

I am on L2 visa. My L2 extension got approved and not yet stamped. I need to travel to India due to some personal work. But the other day my H1 petition got approved. Does that mean my L2 status is voided now? As I am travelling to India, which Visa should I go for stamping? If I go for L2 stamping, will my approved H1 petition be voided? Is there any chance to come back on L2 and get my H1 transferred to another employer.?
    Have you/your H1 employer filed I539 (cos) or only I129 (petition) ?
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Just I129

Comment

Originally posted by mahi191 View Post
        Just I129
        Since you haven't changed your status to H1 yet (petition approval is not change of status - you can verify your status on online I94 as well), you can go ahead with L2 stamping (easy & quick) & do a COS later once you are in USA.

Since you have H1 also approved, if you want you can get H1 as well (instead of L2) - however the interview will be totally different.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X