Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC holder petitioning for underage kids

Hello,

My mother is a permanent GC holder who got her GC through her daugther who is a US citizen. She has two kids who are both under age (below 21) that she wants to bring to US. She applied for i130 for both and awaiting approval from USCIS.

I want to know is this going to take forever or can it be done within a year becuase the kids are underage and cannot live alone.

Originally posted by ZeeA View Post
    Hello,

My mother is a permanent GC holder who got her GC through her daugther who is a US citizen. She has two kids who are both under age (below 21) that she wants to bring to US. She applied for i130 for both and awaiting approval from USCIS.

I want to know is this going to take forever or can it be done within a year becuase the kids are underage and cannot live alone.
    it will take time since they are not in the immediate relative of a USC category. minimum time If I remember correctly is 13 years
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Hello,

Unmarried under-21 children of permanent residents are in the F2A category, which has a wait for visa numbers of around 2 years.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
        it will take time since they are not in the immediate relative of a USC category. minimum time If I remember correctly is 13 years
        That is not what I read bud. They are under age and falls under immediate relative. Not sure where you get your research from.

Comment

That is not what I read bud. They are under age and falls under immediate relative. Not sure where you get your research from.
          The "Immediate Relative" category means the spouse, parent or unmarried under-21 child of a US citizen. The spouse or unmarried under-21 child of a permanent resident is in the F2A category.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X