Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India VISA for my Son

Hello,

My name is Ramanuj and I reside in Michigan. I have a question about Indian VISA.

My son was born here in US and therefore, he is a US citizen. I have received his passport yesterday and yet to apply for his OCI Card. However, I am afraid that if my H1 extension gets rejected, I might have to leave US in another month time, which is why I am reluctant to apply for his OCI card from US.

Also, if I go back to India, it will be for an indefinite period of time.

So considering the current situation, please advise what type of VISA should I apply for my son. From my understanding, it could be Entry Visa or Tourist Visa, but I am not sure.

Thanking you in advance !

Entry visa

Originally posted by Ramanuj.G View Post
    Hello,

My name is Ramanuj and I reside in Michigan. I have a question about Indian VISA.

My son was born here in US and therefore, he is a US citizen. I have received his passport yesterday and yet to apply for his OCI Card. However, I am afraid that if my H1 extension gets rejected, I might have to leave US in another month time, which is why I am reluctant to apply for his OCI card from US.

Also, if I go back to India, it will be for an indefinite period of time.

So considering the current situation, please advise what type of VISA should I apply for my son. From my understanding, it could be Entry Visa or Tourist Visa, but I am not sure.

Thanking you in advance !
    Get an Entry visa. You can apply for OCI in India. Get few originals of birth certificates before you go; just in case if you send/give/submit with any application and didn't get it back.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X