Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What documents should I need to prepare for EAD expedite from USCIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What documents should I need to prepare for EAD expedite from USCIS?

My current EAD will be expired soon, and my EAD card is not in sight. So I decided to process the expedite. After phone talk with USCIS officer, I decided to apply service request for EAD expedite to USCIS, instead of expedite via congressmen. After listen to my story, he told me that if I prepare two evidences, it can be done from USCIS.

For this expedite request, according to officer, I need to provide the two evidence:
    1) Evidence that I will lose a job if I don't receive EAD card in time, or evidence that I get a job and waiting for new EAD card to start work.
    2) Evidence to prove personal financial hardship.

For evidence 1) I ask a letter to my boss.
    For evidence 2) I prepared bank statement, apartment rent contract, credit card statements, and car/home insurance bill. Also I prepared a letter briefly explains that if I lose my job due to the absence of EAD, my medical insurance will be terminated, and all other bills will lead me and my family severe financial crisis.

Any other documents should be prepared? Please let share information if anyone have an experience of expediting EAD card via USCIS service request or via congressmen.
    Concurrent NIW, Texas center (SRC)
    Aug.31.18 = Receive Date
    Sep.21.18 = Priority Date
    Dec.07.18 = Spouse biometrics done
    Jan.28.19 = Biometrics done for me
    Jan.29.19 = Fingerprint Review Was Completed
    Feb.07.19 = EAD expedition request to congressmen
    Feb.14.19 = Send expedition evidences to congressmen office

Originally posted by exsonic01 View Post
    My current EAD will be expired soon, and my EAD card is not in sight. So I decided to process the expedite. After phone talk with USCIS officer, I decided to apply service request for EAD expedite to USCIS, instead of expedite via congressmen. After listen to my story, he told me that if I prepare two evidences, it can be done from USCIS.

For this expedite request, according to officer, I need to provide the two evidence:
    1) Evidence that I will lose a job if I don't receive EAD card in time, or evidence that I get a job and waiting for new EAD card to start work.
    2) Evidence to prove personal financial hardship.

For evidence 1) I ask a letter to my boss.
    For evidence 2) I prepared bank statement, apartment rent contract, credit card statements, and car/home insurance bill. Also I prepared a letter briefly explains that if I lose my job due to the absence of EAD, my medical insurance will be terminated, and all other bills will lead me and my family severe financial crisis.

Any other documents should be prepared? Please let share information if anyone have an experience of expediting EAD card via USCIS service request or via congressmen.
    I think the documents you gathered are sufficient. I used similar documentation: a signed job offer with a start date, a letter explaining that my family is experiencing severe financial loss if I am unable to work. I stated that "although my spouse is able to financially sponsor me, the cost of living continues to rise and we are losing an average of $$$$ with my unemployment per month (calculated based on annual salary divided by 12 months). "It would be a huge relief to my family if I am able to contribute and release my spouse's financial stress" etc. Make your letter personal, they will understand.
    Field Office - San Francisco

8/03/18 - Priority Date
    8/27/18 - Biometrics walked in
    9/05/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
    12/10/18 - I-765 Expedition Request Sent to Congresswoman
    12/20/18 - Expedition Support sent to Congresswoman
    1/07/19 - New Card is being produced
    1/11/19 - Received I-765 and I-131 Approval Notice
    1/14/19 - Received Combo Card

Comments are personal opinions, not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by yvc View Post
      I think the documents you gathered are sufficient. I used similar documentation: a signed job offer with a start date, a letter explaining that my family is experiencing severe financial loss if I am unable to work. I stated that "although my spouse is able to financially sponsor me, the cost of living continues to rise and we are losing an average of $$$$ with my unemployment per month (calculated based on annual salary divided by 12 months). "It would be a huge relief to my family if I am able to contribute and release my spouse's financial stress" etc. Make your letter personal, they will understand.
      Thank you yvc, it seems that you expedited process via congressman, is this correct? Thank you to share timeline as well.

For me, I directly applied to USCIS, not via congressmen, so I'm little bit worried and little bit regretting now, I should had send the request to congredsmen. But it is too late for me. And from immihelp experience section, I can see some successful USCIS-expedite request (not via congressmen) So I just hope they take care of my issue nicely.

Anyway I will share my information whenever my case shows progress.

ps) By the way,

"San Francisco Filer

08/03/18 - Priority Date
      08/27/18 - Biometrics walked in
      08/28/18 - Biometrics review completed
      09/05/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
      01/07/19 - I-765 New Card is being produced.
      01/10/19 - Card is being mailed.
      01/11/19 - Received I-765 and I-131 Approval Notice in Mail."

How did you include this part? Is this forum account signature? Because my post shows nothing like this.
      Last edited by exsonic01; 01-14-2019, 04:43 PM.
      Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

Thank you yvc, it seems that you expedited process via congressman, is this correct? Thank you to share timeline as well.

For me, I directly applied to USCIS, not via congressmen, so I'm little bit worried and little bit regretting now, I should had send the request to congredsmen. But it is too late for me. And from immihelp experience section, I can see some successful USCIS-expedite request (not via congressmen) So I just hope they take care of my issue nicely.

Anyway I will share my information whenever my case shows progress.

ps) By the way,

"San Francisco Filer

08/03/18 - Priority Date
        08/27/18 - Biometrics walked in
        08/28/18 - Biometrics review completed
        09/05/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
        01/07/19 - I-765 New Card is being produced.
        01/10/19 - Card is being mailed.
        01/11/19 - Received I-765 and I-131 Approval Notice in Mail."

How did you include this part? Is this forum account signature? Because my post shows nothing like this.
        Yes, I expedited the combo card through Congresswoman. I think you will be fine with asking USCIS for help, they are supposed to help you anyway. If they don't get back to you within a week or so, you can still ask Congressman/Senator for help.

The bottom timeline that you asked was the signature. You can add your signature in the "Settings", and go to "My Settings", you will see "Edit Signature" at bottom left hand side. Hope that helps.

8/03/18 - Priority Date

Comment

Yes, I expedited the combo card through Congresswoman. I think you will be fine with asking USCIS for help, they are supposed to help you anyway. If they don't get back to you within a week or so, you can still ask Congressman/Senator for help.

The bottom timeline that you asked was the signature. You can add your signature in the "Settings", and go to "My Settings", you will see "Edit Signature" at bottom left hand side. Hope that helps.
          Thanks yvc.

My situation has rapidly changed.

I called to USCIS regarding my service request, and officer says it is already denied. I submitted the request last Thursday, it was so fast deny. So, I asked to change phone to higher tier officer and talked with her.

She says that my EAD expedite request is denied, because another officer already received my EAD case. She don't know when will be my EAD card done, and she can't tell about USCIS policy. But she said to me that my case might be done until the end of this month or mid of February. But again, she cannot guarantee everything. She told me I can still expedite via congress person. But contacting congressperson induce the case to flow different track than normal track.

Should I need to just wait or contact congressmen? Problem is, I can't trust USCIS. She said late Jan or upto mid Feb, but who knows? Nothing is sure about USCIS works. I have all those documents, so I think I still can ask to my congressperosn, and I wish to. But one thing I'm worrying is that my case would earn more delay because of "different track" that officer mentioned.

My RD is Aug 31 2018, and 6th month is the end of Feb. Considering most of EAD done within 6 months, it seems that my EAD will follow too. But problem is, my current EAD will be over this Saturday, Jan 19 and my boss told me that he can't hold too long for this position.

Looks like it took exactly 1 months to take EAD from the date of sending request, based on your description for congressperson expedition. Should I better to ask expedite request via congressmen? I mean, if it only takes one month, it would nothing to lose, and I prepared all documents and letter that I may lose this position if absence of EAD passes specific day.
          Last edited by exsonic01; 01-14-2019, 10:33 PM.
          Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

Thanks yvc.

My situation has rapidly changed.

I called to USCIS regarding my service request, and officer says it is already denied. I submitted the request last Thursday, it was so fast deny. So, I asked to change phone to higher tier officer and talked with her.

She says that my EAD expedite request is denied, because another officer already received my EAD case. She don't know when will be my EAD card done, and she can't tell about USCIS policy. But she said to me that my case might be done until the end of this month or mid of February. But again, she cannot guarantee everything. She told me I can still expedite via congress person. But contacting congressperson induce the case to flow different track than normal track.

Should I need to just wait or contact congressmen? Problem is, I can't trust USCIS. She said late Jan or upto mid Feb, but who knows? Nothing is sure about USCIS works. I have all those documents, so I think I still can ask to my congressperosn, and I wish to. But one thing I'm worrying is that my case would earn more delay because of "different track" that officer mentioned.

My RD is Aug 31 2018, and 6th month is the end of Feb. Considering most of EAD done within 6 months, it seems that my EAD will follow too. But problem is, my current EAD will be over this Saturday, Jan 19 and my boss told me that he can't hold too long for this position.

Looks like it took exactly 1 months to take EAD from the date of sending request. Should I better to ask expedite request via congressmen?
            Hey, looks like your case is pretty urgent. Maybe you can try and visit your local Congressman's office tomorrow: bring all documents (including job offer/letter from your company) with you, and explain that you urgently need to expedite the EAD because you will lose your job if you cannot get it soon. Ask them if they are able to help. If your boss is willing to help, he can also help write a letter to explain your situation. Try to make your story personal but be respectful and polite, they will understand.

8/03/18 - Priority Date

Comment

Hey, looks like your case is pretty urgent. Maybe you can try and visit your local Congressman's office tomorrow: bring all documents (including job offer/letter from your company) with you, and explain that you urgently need to expedite the EAD because you will lose your job if you cannot get it soon. Ask them if they are able to help. If your boss is willing to help, he can also help write a letter to explain your situation. Try to make your story personal but be respectful and polite, they will understand.
              Should I need to visit local office? Or DC office?

She is my congresswoman, as I'm living in Delaware. She has two offices in DE, and one in DC. After I visit, where should I need to go to process this document? Any office worker there? I never visited congressperson office...
              Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

Should I need to visit local office? Or DC office?

She is my congresswoman, as I'm living in Delaware. She has two offices in DE, and one in DC. After I visit, where should I need to go to process this document? Any office worker there? I never visited congressperson office...
                Hey, you can find your local Congressman/house of representation in the link below. Type in your postal code, the house of representation for your region should come up.

I checked the link that you shared about Lisa Blunt Rochester, looks like she has 2 offices like you have mentioned. I am not sure which of her office will accept walk-in request (maybe you can try the closest one to your house?), but I think you can start sending your request by filling online information today, see link below. You can find the same link on her webpage: under "SERVICES" on the top of the website, you will find "HELP WITH A FEDERAL AGENCY" in the dropdown menu. Fill in your information including your I-765 case number. Also type and proof read your "Description of problem" in a word document before copy and paste back in the form.

I am suggesting you to visit her office mainly because it might be the fastest way to get her immediate attention. If you don't receive any response after you have sent the online request in 48 hours, maybe you can try visit her office? and yes, they do have office workers in each congressman/woman's office. Hope that helps.

8/03/18 - Priority Date

Comment

Hey, you can find your local Congressman/house of representation in the link below. Type in your postal code, the house of representation for your region should come up.

I checked the link that you shared about Lisa Blunt Rochester, looks like she has 2 offices like you have mentioned. I am not sure which of her office will accept walk-in request (maybe you can try the closest one to your house?), but I think you can start sending your request by filling online information today, see link below. You can find the same link on her webpage: under "SERVICES" on the top of the website, you will find "HELP WITH A FEDERAL AGENCY" in the dropdown menu. Fill in your information including your I-765 case number. Also type and proof read your "Description of problem" in a word document before copy and paste back in the form.

I am suggesting you to visit her office mainly because it might be the fastest way to get her immediate attention. If you don't receive any response after you have sent the online request in 48 hours, maybe you can try visit her office? and yes, they do have office workers in each congressman/woman's office. Hope that helps.
                  Thank you. I know about congresswomen option, but I was waiting for USCIS option. But now I think that I was too naive to just trust USCIS so far. I should had requested via congersswomen weeks before. I just trusted USCIS officer's comments... Too many horrible / sad stories of case delays, and there is no guarantee that I won't be the case. So I may need to proceed with congressperson option Thank you so much. Like you mentioned, I will request via internet first, then I will make a contact via phone or visiting office. Fortunately DE is small state, it is not that far from here.
                  Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

no problem, i totally understand your frustration. I was really desperate and hopeless last month. 5 months of unemployment really killed my enthusiasm. If you are in a rush, try the congressman option. If not, your case will still get reviewed soon. Wish you all the best!

8/03/18 - Priority Date

Comment

no problem, i totally understand your frustration. I was really desperate and hopeless last month. 5 months of unemployment really killed my enthusiasm. If you are in a rush, try the congressman option. If not, your case will still get reviewed soon. Wish you all the best!
                      Well, I tried to expedite via congressmen, but my lawyer told me to not to do so. My lawyer said
                      "It would be up to the officer reviewing your request for expedited processing. The entire process is very discretionary so it is possible to be approved. However, USCIS generally does not consider temporary unemployment to be sufficient reason for expediting a case, so if your officer is not sympathetic, it will be difficult to get approval on the expedite request."

What he said is everything is different case by case, and it depends on luck - who is taking care of request. Temporal unemployment is usually not a good excuse for expedition request. There is even danger of even more delay due to congressmen expedition, and congressmen expedition does not guarantee the successful EAD push.

I really don't know what to do. I'm still under normal processing time region, Texas center 765 is currently 1.5~5 month for EAD. My normal processing would be Jan 31. But I dunno, so many people is still waiting even far after normal processing time. Now I understand why people are looking for fortune tellers, even if they know that those are hoax.
                      Aug.31.18 = Receive Date

Comment

Well, I tried to expedite via congressmen, but my lawyer told me to not to do so. My lawyer said
                        "It would be up to the officer reviewing your request for expedited processing. The entire process is very discretionary so it is possible to be approved. However, USCIS generally does not consider temporary unemployment to be sufficient reason for expediting a case, so if your officer is not sympathetic, it will be difficult to get approval on the expedite request."

What he said is everything is different case by case, and it depends on luck - who is taking care of request. Temporal unemployment is usually not a good excuse for expedition request. There is even danger of even more delay due to congressmen expedition, and congressmen expedition does not guarantee the successful EAD push.

I really don't know what to do. I'm still under normal processing time region, Texas center 765 is currently 1.5~5 month for EAD. My normal processing would be Jan 31. But I dunno, so many people is still waiting even far after normal processing time. Now I understand why people are looking for fortune tellers, even if they know that those are hoax.
                        In that case, maybe it's better to wait? I was reading other posters in the forum and looks like some July and August filers are beginning to receive their EADs. So there is light at the end of tunnel. As a back up option, you can also start applying for different jobs after your EAD expires on 1/19, just in case your employer will not hold your position for you. Good luck!

8/03/18 - Priority Date

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X