Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Interview Location for visitor visa interview

Hi,

My Mom lives in Goa, so when I go to schedule an appointment for her, the first page asks for the place of residence. When I select India-Goa, it automatically assigns Mumbai as the interview location for her. However, the appointment availability in Mumbai is too far out and I would like to choose a different location for her. is it ok to just pick India-Tamil Nadu and get Chennai as the location? Or do we have to stick with the interview location associated with your state of residence i.e. Mumbai?
    Your help is appreciated!!

Originally posted by soumya_a View Post
    Hi,

My Mom lives in Goa, so when I go to schedule an appointment for her, the first page asks for the place of residence. When I select India-Goa, it automatically assigns Mumbai as the interview location for her. However, the appointment availability in Mumbai is too far out and I would like to choose a different location for her. is it ok to just pick India-Tamil Nadu and get Chennai as the location? Or do we have to stick with the interview location associated with your state of residence i.e. Mumbai?
    Your help is appreciated!!
    Its by default that resident of Goa need to go to Mumbai only.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Its by default that resident of Goa need to go to Mumbai only.

But what if earlier dates are available at a different location? There should be some provision for that right?

Comment

But what if earlier dates are available at a different location? There should be some provision for that right?
        Unfortunately, there is no such provision for residents.

The reason for that is the officers at Mumbai location understand Marathi, while officer at Chennai might now.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

For everyone's benefit, posting it here.

I called the consulate helpline and there is NO RESTRICTION on the place of interview regardless of your state of residence. While going through the appointment scheduling process, at Step 7 you make the payment. Once you get your payment receipt you would proceed to Step no. 8. Here you have a dropdown that lets you pick Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi etc consulate. So you can pick the consulate with the earliest interview date available regardless of your state of residence.

Comment

For everyone's benefit, posting it here.

I called the consulate helpline and there is NO RESTRICTION on the place of interview regardless of your state of residence. While going through the appointment scheduling process, at Step 7 you make the payment. Once you get your payment receipt you would proceed to Step no. 8. Here you have a dropdown that lets you pick Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi etc consulate. So you can pick the consulate with the earliest interview date available regardless of your state of residence.
            Thanks, good to know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X