Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1b Visa Extension and H1b Consular process

Hello Friends,
    I am in the following situation, please do clarify my thoughts.
    I am working on L1b visa expiring dec2019 , I have asked my company to file H1 starting this year with the uncertainity involving H1 in the coming years.
    Now comes my question, My wife is working on L2 EAD and I dont yet have an approved I 140. If my H1 is picked in this year, I want to continue on L1 for the time till I am able to get the I140. WIll I be able to apply for extension of L1 even though I have a H1 petition approved.
    can I hold the H1 till next year,and apply for COS from US or visit India for H1 stampin
    Thanks,
    Srini

Originally posted by ebabloo View Post
    Hello Friends,
    I am in the following situation, please do clarify my thoughts.
    I am working on L1b visa expiring dec2019 , I have asked my company to file H1 starting this year with the uncertainity involving H1 in the coming years.
    Now comes my question, My wife is working on L2 EAD and I dont yet have an approved I 140. If my H1 is picked in this year, I want to continue on L1 for the time till I am able to get the I140. WIll I be able to apply for extension of L1 even though I have a H1 petition approved.
    can I hold the H1 till next year,and apply for COS from US or visit India for H1 stampin
    Thanks,
    Srini
    Yes Srini, you can do that - provided your H1 sponspor company is not forcing you to move to H1 once approved.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X