[Followup] Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Followup] Interview

Hello, I have been searching for this forum for a while.

Here's the scenario

Immigrating from Mexico / Interview in Cd.Juarez / Family (Spouse) Sponsored

(2017) Initial interview in, was told i601 was needed (we knew that was coming).
    (2018) i601 was approved, it took a while and medical had to be redone .
    (2019) Medical completed, it took a while and now interview has to be redone (passed the one year mark) .
    Interview letter came and stated a new DS-260 needs to be filled out and appointment at ASC needs to be made.

Question 1)
    The interview letter did not mention redoing I-864 (Affidavit of Support) but since it's been year(s) since it was done and it is mentioned on the DS-260 page when you first start the form, should we go ahead and do it and just have it in case it is asked for?

Question/Problem 2)
    Could not figure out how to set up the appointment with ASC online so we called the information number (which I think is what we did in the initial interview). Well, the representative that answered said no appointment was needed at ASC and now I'm completely nervous. I told the representative that the interview letter specifically says ASC appointment before interview or risk significant delays, but the representative again stated it was not necessary. I asked can I just redo it and pay another fee if need be just to be completely sure but was told I couldn't. FYI I've gotten mixed information before, with the info window at consulate saying something different than the phone reps. Has anyone had this happen and what was done or the outcome?

Question 3)
    Does ASC accept walk-ins or same day/next day appointments if I go a little early and ask the officials at the Consulate's info window AND in case they tell me yes an ASC appointment is absolutely necessary, I could possible get an appointment in before my interview.

Another delay when we are this close would be heartbreaking. Any practical knowledge/insight would be great.

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X