Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q regarding --- Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

Hi all,

Frustration is up high. For three months my case shows: "As of October 3, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status."

I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this craziness (btw I have submitted in NYC)? Is there anything I can do about it? Does anybody know about what are the current expected waiting times?

Trying to stay positive!
    Yuval

Originally posted by yuval_S View Post
    Hi all,

Frustration is up high. For three months my case shows: "As of October 3, 2018, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status."

I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this craziness (btw I have submitted in NYC)? Is there anything I can do about it? Does anybody know about what are the current expected waiting times?

Trying to stay positive!
    Yuval
    This is very normal especially for NYC (in fact you're probably in for a long wait unfortunately). The wait times can be quite long, depending on field office. You can check here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
    Concurrent filing of I-130 & I-485 + I-765 & I-131

11/16/18 - Sent package via Fedex
    11/20/18 - Priority Date
    11/28/18 - Checks cashed
    12/3/18 - I-797 notices in mail
    12/07/18 - Biometrics notice in mail
    12/19/18 - Biometrics appointment
    12/26/18 - Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview

Comment

Frustrating indeed!

Hi all,

Trying to stay positive!
      Yuval
      We've been waiting for an interview to be scheduled since early last year. PD was 10/27/2017 for marriage based AOS.

It's even more frustrating when you see others with much later filing dates already getting interviews. My wife is almost to the point of giving up.

Comment

wow, this is incredibly depressing :/

Couple questions:
        1. so is it normal to ask for an extension of your early parole? (I guess I was naive to think that it being valid up until 18 months from first applying for family green card was enough)
        2. The 3-year period between marriage green card and naturalization starts when?

Comment

Interview dates

Originally posted by Poramin View Post
          We've been waiting for an interview to be scheduled since early last year. PD was 10/27/2017 for marriage based AOS.

It's even more frustrating when you see others with much later filing dates already getting interviews. My wife is almost to the point of giving up.
          Its always quick for Immediate relatives i.e if the Sponser is US citizen. but if the sponser is a GC holder then the interview wait times are horrible at 13-20 months in general from the date the i485 application is filed.

Regards
          AK

Comment

Well, my USC status isn't much help then

Originally posted by a1k405996 View Post
            Its always quick for Immediate relatives i.e if the Sponser is US citizen. but if the sponser is a GC holder then the interview wait times are horrible at 13-20 months in general from the date the i485 application is filed.

Regards
            AK
            I'm a USC petitioning for my wife so that notion is completely invalid.

Comment

Hi all,

Trying to stay positive!
              Yuval
              Yea. Like almost everyone experiences this.
              Adjustment of Status c(9) 400 days
              Married: 8/18/17
              Package Sent: 10/16/17 ~~ Received (PD): 10/19/17
              I-485 Status - "Biometrics Fee Received": 10/28/17
              Biometric Appointment (11/16/17) Received: 11/3/17 Done: 11/9/17
              EAD/AP Approved: 1/4/18 (Day 77) Notices & Card Received: 1/11/18
              EAD/AP Renewal Received: 10/4/18
              Interview Notice & EAD/AP Renewal Receipts Received: 10/9/18 (Day 355)
              Interview date: 11/13/18 ~ New Card Being Produced (Day 390)
              Card in hand! 11/23/18 (Day 400)

Comment

wow, this is incredibly depressing :/

Couple questions:
                1. so is it normal to ask for an extension of your early parole? (I guess I was naive to think that it being valid up until 18 months from first applying for family green card was enough)
                2. The 3-year period between marriage green card and naturalization starts when?

1. Yes. People submit Advanced Parole renewals often. Note that it can still take 4-6+ months to get the new one and you cannot travel without a valid AP. (I’m not sure where 18 months is coming from, they’re usually only valid for 1 year.)

2. The 3 year period begins on the date on the green card when you eventually get it.

Comment

Originally posted by miiki View Post
                  Yea. Like almost everyone experiences this.
                  May I ask what office or region you filed with? We're in Chicago and it seems like a real **** show here. They're not even accepting Infopass appointments anymore.

Comment

May I ask what office or region you filed with? We're in Chicago and it seems like a real **** show here. They're not even accepting Infopass appointments anymore.
                    New Orleans. Self-scheduling Infopass appointments are being phased out everywhere. If you have a real reason to need an appointment it can be schedule through a phone officer. People were grossly misusing it. Making appointments just to see where there apps were or to change their address. People who actually needed appointments could barely get them and it slowed down EVERYONE’S applications because the workers were attending to all of the pointless appointments instead of approving cases.

Comment

Ending the infopass probably is a good thing. It was used so much that the offices could spend less time on processing applications. Now that the infopasses are phasing out it should help shorten the processing time.
                      Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
                      AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
                      DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
                      DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
                      DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
                      DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
                      DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
                      JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
                      FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
                      FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

Originally posted by a1k405996 View Post

Regards
                        AK
                        My sponser is a citizen. But maybe because it is New York City it takes so long

Comment

I'm from Chicago too and i'm ready for interview since August 27th, 2018
                          Field Office: Chicago
                          AOS (c)9 Married to US citizen

2/9/18 I-130 approved
                          7/16/18 AOS/ EAD/ AP Receipt date
                          8/13/18 Fingerprints
                          8/14/18 Fingerprints review completed
                          8/27/18 Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                          1/15/19 New EAD card is being produced (day 183)
                          1/24/19 Combo card in hand

Comment

I see it says 18.5 - 31 months wait time.
                            Does anybody know if the counting is from the application date (mine was 10/23/2017) or is it from the ready for interview date?

Comment

I see it says 18.5 - 31 months wait time.
                              Does anybody know if the counting is from the application date (mine was 10/23/2017) or is it from the ready for interview date?
                              "How we process cases
                              This time range is how long it is taking USCIS to process your case from the date we received it. We generally process cases in the order we receive them, and we will update this page each month. The estimated time range displayed is based on data captured approximately two months prior to updating the page. Please note that times may change without prior notice." - From USCIS.gov.

Hope that helps.
                              Field Office - San Francisco

8/03/18 - Priority Date
                              8/27/18 - Biometrics walked in
                              9/05/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
                              12/10/18 - I-765 Expedition Request Sent to Congresswoman
                              12/20/18 - Expedition Support sent to Congresswoman
                              1/07/19 - New Card is being produced
                              1/11/19 - Received I-765 and I-131 Approval Notice
                              1/14/19 - Received Combo Card

Comments are personal opinions, not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X