limited stay stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limited stay stamp

My parents entered US recently via SFO. They were retained for more than 3 hours, and eventually granted for 2 month limited stay(We planned for 5 months, probably that's the reason). The custom officer made some wrong arguments, such as my father stayed in hospital for more than 1 month in his last visit, which actually he just did a blood draw in a local clinic. The officer also said this is their last time to come to US. But I checked both i94 and their visa, I don't say any markers mentioned this is the last time apart from the limited stay stamp. Does anyone have similar experience? Can they come to US again? What's the risk of coming again in another 6 -8 months?

Originally posted by zzmzzm View Post
    My parents entered US recently via SFO. They were retained for more than 3 hours, and eventually granted for 2 month limited stay(We planned for 5 months, probably that's the reason). The custom officer made some wrong arguments, such as my father stayed in hospital for more than 1 month in his last visit, which actually he just did a blood draw in a local clinic. The officer also said this is their last time to come to US. But I checked both i94 and their visa, I don't say any markers mentioned this is the last time apart from the limited stay stamp. Does anyone have similar experience? Can they come to US again? What's the risk of coming again in another 6 -8 months?
    What is their pattern of visiting USA ?

If they are travelling too frequently, not staying in their home country enough to prove they still have ties to their home country, then its a risk. Have they go back before 2 months & plan their next visit after 10-12 months.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      What is their pattern of visiting USA ?

If they are travelling too frequently, not staying in their home country enough to prove they still have ties to their home country, then its a risk. Have they go back before 2 months & plan their next visit after 10-12 months.
      They came to US a year ago, but they stayed in US for a year and we filed an extension and approved. They went back to our home country for more than a year before this visit.

Comment

Originally posted by zzmzzm View Post
        They came to US a year ago, but they stayed in US for a year and we filed an extension and approved. They went back to our home country for more than a year before this visit.
        I guess that's the reason, since they extended their stay last time (even though they got approval & returned before time) CBP officer might have thought to limit their stay so that you cannot extend this time.

Have them go back before I94 expiry & have them stay there for 6 months at least, before their next visit.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X