Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expediting EAD after 194 days

Hello,

I have been waiting for my EAD for more than 6 months, so I am already out of normal processing time:

c9, marriage to USC

PD: 07/05/2018

08/09/2018: "Biometrics completed" (last status for I-765)

11/21/2018: I-485 "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

12/28/2018: Tried to contact Senator (he never answered)

01/10/2019: Tried to contact Congressman (still waiting for his answer)

NO RFE

01/11/2019: Submitted expedite request based of severe financial loss calling USCIS. The lady was very kind and understanding, and said that she was writing about my situation while submitting the request: no job, my wife is pregnant, medical bills, etc. She took note of my email address and confirmed it two times. She said that USCIS would contact me back about my request between 1-2 weeks.

Then, next morning I received this 3 updates online, each one separated to the other only by 20-30 minutes :

"On January 12, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T YYYY YYYY ZZZ, was completed.
    01/12/2019

On January 12, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T YYYY YYYY ZZZ.
    01/12/2019

On January 12, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T YYYY YYYY ZZZ, was assigned to an officer for response."

Effectively, at the same time on January 12 I received an email from USCIS saying: "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly".

But, surprisingly, at least for the moment they have never asked me for any proof of evidence as usual, as I can see in other posts and forums (though I have them ready to fax if they ask). Yesterday 01/15/2018 I called USCIS again asking if there is already a decision about my expedite request and they said that it is still "under review" and they should contact shortly to my email address. I haven't received neither any physical letter from USCIS about this expedite during the last days.

My questions are:

- Is it possible that they can approve an expedite request without asking for proofs of evidence, because of being already out of normal processing time and considering the particular emergency that customer service representative detailed in the request by phone?

- Having the status "Our request to have your case expedited WAS COMPLETED" means that they already don't need and will no ask me for any proof of evidence? Or they can still send me an email/letter asking to fax them?

Anyone in the same situation or similar experience?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Last edited by 5JulFiler; 01-17-2019, 02:41 AM.

well your not far from the 200 day mark...… Maybe they found out they screwed up and will take care of it so they don't look to bad..... just a thought
    4-18-18 PD
    4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
    9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
    10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
    10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
    10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
    11-13-18 Interview
    11-13-18 New card being produced
    11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
    11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Originally posted by 5JulFiler View Post
      Hello,

I have been waiting for my EAD for more than 6 months, so I am already out of normal processing time:

c9, marriage to USC

PD: 07/05/2018

08/09/2018: "Biometrics completed" (last status for I-765)

11/21/2018: I-485 "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

12/28/2018: Tried to contact Senator (he never answered)

01/10/2019: Tried to contact Congressman (still waiting for his answer)

NO RFE

01/11/2019: Submitted expedite request based of severe financial loss calling USCIS. The lady was very kind and understanding, and said that she was writing about my situation while submitting the request: no job, my wife is pregnant, medical bills, etc. She took note of my email address and confirmed it two times. She said that USCIS would contact me back about my request between 1-2 weeks.

Then, next morning I received this 3 updates online, each one separated to the other only by 20-30 minutes :

"On January 12, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T YYYY YYYY ZZZ, was completed.
      01/12/2019

On January 12, 2019, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number T YYYY YYYY ZZZ.
      01/12/2019

On January 12, 2019, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T YYYY YYYY ZZZ, was assigned to an officer for response."

Effectively, at the same time on January 12 I received an email from USCIS saying: "We received your request to expedite the decision on your application. Your case is currently under review. You will receive a decision or notice of further action shortly".

But, surprisingly, at least for the moment they have never asked me for any proof of evidence as usual, as I can see in other posts and forums (though I have them ready to fax if they ask). Yesterday 01/15/2018 I called USCIS again asking if there is already a decision about my expedite request and they said that it is still "under review" and they should contact shortly to my email address. I haven't received neither any physical letter from USCIS about this expedite during the last days.

My questions are:

- Is it possible that they can approve an expedite request without asking for proofs of evidence, because of being already out of normal processing time and considering the particular emergency that customer service representative detailed in the request by phone?

- Having the status "Our request to have your case expedited WAS COMPLETED" means that they already don't need and will no ask me for any proof of evidence? Or they can still send me an email/letter asking to fax them?

Anyone in the same situation or similar experience?

Thank you very much in advance.

Guys am on my 9th month and today finally my status change to New Card Is Being Produced this long wait was killing me.
      May 02, 18 - File all forms together
      May 02, 18 - Finger print fees received
      May 06, 18 - I-765 Return for missing signature and was mail back out same day
      May 11, 18 - I-765 Received
      May 18, 18 - RFIE
      May 29, 18 - Both finger print done
      June 5, 18 - RFIE Received
      Sep 21, 18 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview
      Sep 21, 18 - Interview Was Scheduled
      Oct 31, 18 - Interview complete
      Jan 18, 19 - EAD New Card Is Being Produced
      Jan 25, 19 - EAD Received in hand

Comment

Originally posted by scubby3 View Post
        Guys am on my 9th month and today finally my status change to New Card Is Being Produced this long wait was killing me.
        What office did you use?
        Marriage-based AOS, Brooklyn field office
        8-30-17 I-130/I-485 received
        11-2-17 - I-485 RFE mailed
        11-9-17 - I-485/I-130 name updated
        11-21-17 - I-485 RFE received
        12-10-17 - 1st EAD card in hand
        3-16-18 - Interview ready to be scheduled
        7-30-18 -EAD/AP RENEWAL case received
        8-2-18 - EAD/AP fingerprint completed
        1-31-19 - Service request #1 for EAD/AP renewal
        2-20-19 - Interview scheduled for 3-28-19
        3-28-19 - Had interview!
        4-5-19 New card is being produced
        4-13-19 - Green card in hand

Comment

Originally posted by scubby3 View Post
          I m GLAD, my card has been shipped to me.

09-22 : PD
          10-02 : Case Received
          12-17 : Expedite
          01-04 : I485 RFIE
          01-21 : I-131 and I765 Approved
          Last edited by Was1; 01-26-2019, 06:23 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X