Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biometrics for I-131 when applying concurrently with I-485/I-765?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics for I-131 when applying concurrently with I-485/I-765?

I applied for adjustment of status (I-485) after getting married to my US fiancee (I came here on a K-1 Visa).
    At the moment, I also filed concurrently an I-131 application for travel document and an I-765 application for employment authorization.
    Later on, I received three I-797C Notice of Action saying that my three applications were received and in process.
    About a week or so later, I received another I-797C Notice of Action directing me to the local ASC to have my biometrics taken at later date.
    This latter form specifically says that this is for my I-485 and I-765, but there is no mention anywhere in the document of my I-131.
    When I had my fingerprints and picture taken at the ASC, I asked the person doing it if this would also cover the I-131, but they said that this was only for my I-485/I-765 (as stated in the form).

My question is: Am I going to receive an additional I-797C asking me to go back to my local ASC to have my biometrics taken (again) for my I-131?
    Is this 'normal procedure'? It seemed odd to me that this biometrics appointment would not cover everything.

My dates go more less like this:

Entry to US with K1 Visa: 11/01/2018
    Marriage: 11/30/2018
    Forms I-485/I-765/I-131 sent concurrently to Chicago Lockbox: 12/21/2018
    Text message informing that forms were received: 12/24/2018
    Notice of action I-797C for I-485/I-765/I-131 in my mailbox: 12/29/2018
    Notice of action 1-797C with biometrics appointment for I-485/I-765 in my mailbox: 01/05/2019
    Biometrics appointment at local ASC: 01/17/2019

Any help would be appreciated.

I never read of anyone going twice for biometrics. Usually the I-131 status never change even when you receive combo EAD/AP card and for some even their GC.

Don't worry, this is normal.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Only need to do it once. They issue a combo card for work and travel permits, You are good to go.
      4-18-18 PD
      4-29-18 Finger Print fee was received
      9-26-18 I-765 and I-131 Approved
      10-02-18 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office (sent to Lawyer) Day 167
      10-03-18 Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview Day 168
      10-05-18 your case has been scheduled for a interview. Day 170
      11-13-18 Interview
      11-13-18 New card being produced
      11-15-18 I130 and I485 Approved
      11-20-18 Card Mailed

Comment

Thank you for your replies!

Comment

At the time of my biometrics I searched the internet trying to find exactly what you asked. I literally could have written your post at that time. The Field Office is a few hours drive away for me, and when I asked the lady the same as you did, she was really quite rude and brushed me off saying I'd have to go back and do more fingerprints. I was absolutely gutted as I needed the travel permit badly.
          I since found out that not to be true, so yes, you're all fine

Comment

Originally posted by Wishingonastar View Post
            At the time of my biometrics I searched the internet trying to find exactly what you asked. I literally could have written your post at that time. The Field Office is a few hours drive away for me, and when I asked the lady the same as you did, she was really quite rude and brushed me off saying I'd have to go back and do more fingerprints. I was absolutely gutted as I needed the travel permit badly.
            I since found out that not to be true, so yes, you're all fine
            Thank you very much for your reply; that certainly gives me a peace of mind.

Comment

Dear sergiodm,

I have exactly the same issue that I-131 was not on my I-797C biometric. Would you mind sharing the progress of your application? Thank you very much!

Comment

I am experiencing something similar. I recently had my biometrics appointment for forms I485 and I765. The status for both forms was updated to 'Fingerprints Taken' the next day.

Today I received another ASC appointment notice for form I131. I was under the impression that the fingerprints are taken once and then are applied to all of the forms. I called USCIS and they said it is to their discretion if they want to call me in for another biometrics appointment. They had scheduled this for April 1, but since their offices are closed they put me in the queue for rescheduling.

I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comment

The SAME thing happened to me! I had my biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765 back in September 2019, then a few weeks ago I got an appointment notice for another biometrics appointment for my I-131. I called them and they said I have to do it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to because the nearest office is 3.5 hours from me.

Comment

Got a text and email notification that Fingerprints were applied to form I131. Online status shows the same. I will call still USCIS today to confirm this.

Comment

Have you heard anything back from USCIS? I got the same Fingerprint request mail for I-131 after completing the Fingerprint for 485/765, now when I check the status of I-131 it said my "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken". So do I still need to visit the ASC for the Fingerprint?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X