Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J1 Visa Expired of my GF and don't know what to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 Visa Expired of my GF and don't know what to do!

Hi Everyone,

I am new here to the forums and need advice as it relates to my future. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So I've met a girl in New York who came from Russia who I've known for almost 3 months now and fallen in love with each other.
    We have been dating and seeing each other almost daily. Everything is going well, however she is now on an Expired J1 Visa for 3 months and isn't sure of her future here. She wants to return home soon to visit her family. However If she leaves she may not ever get a chance to come back or get another Visa.
    I am a Permanent Resident for 10 years who's Green card just expired however I have applied for Citizenship last year in May. So another 3-4 months wait time till my interview and citizenship test. & Hopefully soon I will finally be Legal after 27 years of living in the USA.

We have spoken about Marriage route and starting a family. & I agreed to only if & when she gets pregnant in the future with my child and she agreed.
    I am worried that she will go back and not be aloud in with my child if that does happen.
    So I'm not sure of my options. IF we do get married is there a way for her to apply for Green Card after we've done it?
    Also what are the risks since she is on an expired J1 Visa. Is it risky for me and for her? I don't want to get into a bad situation but I really love her. I hope somehow it will work and I can get some help if possible from people who know.

Kind Regards,

If you're a citizen then her overstaying her visa wouldn't matter at all because overstays are forgiven for spouses of US Citizens. You guys have to get married BEFORE she gets pregnant, i don t know what's your reasoning for this but it doesn't make sense a all. I don't recommend her to leave the country because everything would just be 10 times more difficult.
    Get married now, and file an adjustment of status packet for her once you become a citizen and you guys should be fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X