Signing Naturalization Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing Naturalization Certificate

I became a US citizen a few days ago and have a question about the Naturalization Certificate I received. Does one have to sign the Certificate where it says "Complete and True Signature of Holder?" I'm in the process of applying for a US passport and am required to submit the Certificate.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by FX-2; 01-18-2019, 08:21 AM.

They ways have you sign them when you receive them infront of the officer @ the ceremony
    Anything I post is personal opinion or information from personal experience. This is not legal advice.

Mailed Application N400 - 11/14/2017
    Interview N400 - 6/07/2018
    Oath - 8/30/2018

Comment

Originally posted by pmf123 View Post
      They ways have you sign them when you receive them infront of the officer @ the ceremony
      Things may have changed now. We didn't have to sign anything at the Ceremony. We were about 996 folks in total who took the Oath.

Anyway, to close the loop on this one....I emailed a USCIS Officer about signing or printing our names on the Certificate, and the response I got was "Yes, please sign your name on that line in black ink. Please remember not to laminate your certificates."
      Last edited by FX-2; 01-18-2019, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FX-2 View Post
        Things may have changed now. We didn't have to sign anything at the Ceremony. We were about 996 folks in total who took the Oath.

Anyway, to close the loop on this one....I emailed a USCIS Officer about signing or printing our names on the Certificate, and the response I got was "Yes, please sign your name on that line in black ink. Please remember not to laminate your certificates."
        Same here... we had our Ceremony on Jan 11, 2019 and they never asked us to sign our Certificate at the time... I had to try to find out how to sign it as the online states we must 'write out in cursive' our full name while others state that we must sign it like what is indicated in the picture of the Certificate.

I simply signed it like I normally sign (like in my picture).

Comment

Originally posted by FX-2 View Post

Can you please tell me if we need to write our full name in cursive or we need to do our normal signature as it appear on the picture? please help I am very confused what is the correct way

Comment

Originally posted by tnmoi View Post

Same here... we had our Ceremony on Jan 11, 2019 and they never asked us to sign our Certificate at the time... I had to try to find out how to sign it as the online states we must 'write out in cursive' our full name while others state that we must sign it like what is indicated in the picture of the Certificate.

I simply signed it like I normally sign (like in my picture).
            So is it ok to sign the way you sign in bank accounts or in the picture of certificate? its not required to sign full name in cursive? please answer

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X