Processing times at local office - what is the starting date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing times at local office - what is the starting date

I am a bit confused with the USCIS processing time. If your local office has 9 22 months processing time, does this mean 50% would be done in 9 months since I-485 was submitted to one of large service centers (initial sumbission date) or 9 months since it had arrived to the local office?

My guess will be: since it arrived to local office.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by mirekti View Post
      I am a bit confused with the USCIS processing time. If your local office has 9 22 months processing time, does this mean 50% would be done in 9 months since I-485 was submitted to one of large service centers (initial sumbission date) or 9 months since it had arrived to the local office?
      Processing time starts at the receipt date on the notice of action. So if it takes 5 months to get EAD, best case you wait another 4 months after its moved to the field office.
      Employment based AOS (EB1C) - San Bernardino office(CA)

JUL - 2018 - applications for I-485, I-765 and I-131 concurrent filing
      AUG - 2018 - bio metrics complete
      DEC - 2018 - I-765 & I-131 approved
      DEC - 2018 - combo cards received
      DEC - 2018 - courtesy letter for missing I-693
      DEC - 2018 - social security cards received
      DEC - 2018 - interview for I-485 scheduled
      JAN - 2019 - interview & on the spot approval
      FEB - 2019 - I-485 approved
      FEB - 2019 - green cards in hand 😎

Comment

Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
        Processing time starts at the receipt date on the notice of action. So if it takes 5 months to get EAD, best case you wait another 4 months after its moved to the field office.
        Thanks for the reply, your timeline looks rather nice. I am still not sure I fully understood what you wrote.

In my case EAD was approved in August 2018 as it failed in expedited processing so I basically have everything approved, and I-485 was moved to local office second week of January this year.
        All forms were submitted end of July 2018.
        Now I am trying to figure out if these six and a half months of pending I-485 is part of USCIS’s processing time statistic or it got reset with January 2019 when the case moved to the local office.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, your timeline looks rather nice. I am still not sure I fully understood what you wrote.

In my case EAD was approved in August 2018 as it failed in expedited processing so I basically have everything approved, and I-485 was moved to local office second week of January this year.
          Now I am trying to figure out if these six and a half months of pending I-485 is part of USCIS’s processing time statistic or it got reset with January 2019 when the case moved to the local office.
          It does not reset. You start counting from July receipt date.

- - - Updated - - -

Note my timeline. In my example if my timeline would have reset, it means my processing time could be less than 2 months if I get approved end of January. My potential timeline is 6 months (July filed, January complete), which is still fast, but it is because San Bernardino has average fast processing time of 7 months.

Comment

I have also noticed people talk about the currently processing dates in a specific local office.
            Is that ?Receipt date for case inquiry? or one can see it somewhere else?
            From what I see it is actually today plus second number (93% cases solved)

Comment

I have also noticed people talk about the currently processing dates in a specific local office.
              Is that ?Receipt date for case inquiry? or one can see it somewhere else?
              From what I see it is actually today plus second number (93% cases solved)
              If Receipt date is July 2018, you can make a case inquiry 20 months after July 2018, because you are then outside of the normal processing range for the office.
              The high end of the range is the average time needed to process 93% of cases. If your case takes longer than 20 months, you are part of the 7% of cases that are not processed within the ‘regular’ time period.
              Last edited by BluePanther; 01-30-2019, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BluePanther View Post
                If Receipt date is July 2018, you can make a case inquiry 20 months after July 2018, because you are then outside of the normal processing range for the office.
                The high end of the range is the average time needed to process 93% of cases. If your case takes longer than 20 months, you are part of the 7% of cases that are not processed within the ?regular? time period.
                BluePanther,so in my case..my PD is July 2017. Interview was January 7 2019. When can I make a SR for outside of normal processing time. Am in Houston Texas and the field office is currently at 19.5 - 24 months

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowxxx419 View Post
                  BluePanther,so in my case..my PD is July 2017. Interview was January 7 2019. When can I make a SR for outside of normal processing time. Am in Houston Texas and the field office is currently at 19.5 - 24 months
                  If the high end is 24 months then technically your case is within normal range. If you already did the interview I think they have 12 weeks to provide an update and you can inquire after that timelime. I am not sure about the 12 weeks, but someone can probably confirm.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X